Contribute
Register

Success and 100% working! ML 10.8.3 on Dell Optiplex 7010 USFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
i havent really rebooted since install, seems like my boot does not work, i don't get how to setup the uefi... can you do some screenshots that would be helpful :)

I haven't tried all of the things you did, but I have a question. I'm trying to get 10.8.5 running on a Optiplex 7010. Why did you set "darkwake=8"? What does that even do, and why does it seem to be 0 most other places?

Thanks!

Was unsure if I should start an new thread but I was successfully able to install Mavericks/10.9 on my Dell Optiplex 7010 minitower.

My config:
1) Core i5 at 3.2 ghz
2) Asus Geforce 210

Steps (essentially the same as xiaonan80 detailed above with a slight modification).
1) Create unibeast installer with Multibeast 6.0 and 10.9.
2) Disable all VT related items in BIOS.
3) Boot into unibeast usb drive with "GraphicsEnabler=yes, -x." (didn't have to do this last time but I was using the graphics card rather than the onboard video to do install this time around). Wipe partition and install 10.9
4) Reboot.
5) Run Multibeast
6) I did not select any of the quick options (Easybeast, UserDSDT, or DSDTfree)
7) Disk - 3rd Party SATA
8) Misc - Fake SMC
9) Network - AppleIntelE1000e
10) Patched AICPM for OS X 10.9
11) Chimera v2.2.1
12) Basic Boot Options
13) GraphicsEnabler=yes
14) IGPEnabler = No (I could not boot until I tried this)
15) System Definition Mac Mini 6,1
16) Tonymacx86 black
17) Install VoodooHDA 2.8.4 for sound

Working
1) USB (haven't tried the front ports yet)
2) Ethernet
3) Sleep
4) I don't have a wifi card
5) Audio (green line out)

I have recently upgraded my 7010 USFF from ML 10.8.4 to Mavericks without formatting my HD. Thought it would be helpful to share my experience.

Please note: this is an upgrade guide – assuming you followed my steps in the original post for ML installation. I cannot guarantee it will work if you come from a different method.

1) Create installer USB with Unibeast – you can do this in your working ML pc;
2) Reboot your computer, and hit F12 as soon as it starts up, then choose to boot from USB storage;
3) Boot into Unibeast usb drive, and start installation
4) Do NOT format your HD using disk utility as most guides suggest – coz you don’t want to erase your existing system;
5) Let the installation finish;
6) When the system reboots, hit F12 again asap. If you miss the timing, you are gonna boot into Mavericks, and probably will see KP. In that case, just restart your system. Again, Choose to boot with your USB into the newly installed Mavericks system – note: do NOT boot into installation again. You will probably need to use “-v -f” option to avoid kp.
7) You should be able to boot into Mavericks. Now we need to make some changes before you can boot without the USB.
8) Run Multibeast, and select the following:
a. Misc - Fake SMC; You can try USB 3.0 – I don’t have any 3.0 client to test;​
b. Network - AppleIntelE1000e​
c. System - Patched AICPM for OS X 10.9​
d. Others – not really necessary if you come from ML coz you already have all these, but just in case​

1. DropSSDT=yes;
  2. GraphicsEnabler=yes
  3. IGPEnabler = No
  4. System Definition Mac Mini 6,1
  5. Install VoodooHDA 2.8.4 if you want, but you should already have sound if you come from ML
9) Reboot your system directly into Mavericks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys I have a Dell 7010 SFF, with 4usb on the front. Purchased used with Mavericks installed. Sound, Network, Video, all work ok. I have not fooled with any settings in Multibeast yet. Two issues:
  1. Using on board graphics HD4000, through the display port to DVI. Have lots of streaks and "tearing" on the screen. There are no bios video settings. What to do to make smooth scrolling video?
    1. Edit the DSDT file, but what do I do here?
    2. Ditch the onboard video and buy a video card?
    3. Forget it and just buy an iMac.
  2. The 500g WD harddrive is fine, but was partitioned 1/2 with Win 8.1 and 1/2 OSX. I deleted the Win partition, now I cannot resize the startup partition to the full 500g. I searched and tried all options, and now think I have to reformat the whole thing. Any suggestions?
Thanks in Advance
Calvin

Hey Guys I have a Dell 7010 SFF, with 4usb on the front. Purchased used with Mavericks installed. Sound, Network, Video, all work ok. I have not fooled with any settings in Multibeast yet. Two issues:
  1. Using on board graphics HD4000, through the display port to DVI. Have lots of streaks and "tearing" on the screen. There are no bios video settings. What to do to make smooth scrolling video?
    1. Edit the DSDT file, but what do I do here?
    2. Ditch the onboard video and buy a video card?
    3. Forget it and just buy an iMac.
  2. The 500g WD harddrive is fine, but was partitioned 1/2 with Win 8.1 and 1/2 OSX. I deleted the Win partition, now I cannot resize the startup partition to the full 500g. I searched and tried all options, and now think I have to reformat the whole thing. Any suggestions?
Thanks in Advance
Calvin

I'm thinking the tearing and streaking happened to me as well when I first installed mountain lion. I assumed it had something to do with hackintosh video drivers but could never find a good fix.

As long as your certain, that the hardware works well, I would go with a video card. I bought an Asus GT210 for $20. Not a gaming card but the performance is good for a basic card.

The next best option would be to go for an iMac.

So does this guide work only for the 7010 USFF or does it also support the 7010 DT?

I'm a step away from purchasing a 7010 DT.

Should work....But it works alot better if you can put a nvidia video card in....works much better...I have a full sized ..i.e. Tower...but works awesome..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back