Contribute
Register

Stuck on Apple screen, can't get to language select

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be sure to have all settings correct in BIOS!
Credits to notshy for this:
Some good general points to help your hackintosh run smoothly and also help with sleep are the following:

- Setting Advanced CPU Features to ENABLED (rather than Auto)
- No-Execute Memory Protect = Enabled
- Init Display First = PCIE x16-1 (and make sure that your Graphics Card is in the 1st slot)
- Disable any SATA ports that you aren't using
- SATA Control Mode = AHCI for ALL SATA ports with HDs plugged in - please use ports 1-6 first. I had sleep issues when I had a Win 7 drive in one of the other SATA ports
- ACPI Suspend Type = S3 (STR)
- HPET Support = Enabled
- HPET Mode = 64-bit mode

I will go ahead and do that what should I enter at the Chimera screen?

Still not working even after doing all that? What am I supposed to do at the Chimera screen?

At this point,i think something is wrong with the installer...Are you able to repeat the process?

Ok guys good news I was able to update Bios and get everything working. But now I am still stuck with the original situation. I am providing a screenshot of what happens now I get stuck on Still waiting for root device.

In the Chimera I used this:
npci=0x2000 PCIRootID=1 -x -v UseKernelCache=Yes

What am I doing wrong now?

dnelsonuf

I sugest you not use the UseLernelCache=Yes - this setting will hold old kexts in a file and is used when the system is booted and not the newer Kext

Suggest this
-x -v -f acpi=off PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000

whats this does -x =safemode -v set display as the dump for output -f turns off the kerek cache acpi=off turns off power managment
PCIRootUID is the setting for the default PCI slot GrpahicsEnabler = no turns off GFX items npci=0x2000 is the offset for the video

try that and take a picture -

what I am hoping this will do is to allow you to get to the desktop and then complete the install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back