Contribute
Register

Stork's Zorro Build: Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK thanks for the card recommendation. Does that run natively or does it require web drivers? I was actually thinking of using the onboard graphics, assuming it will run two monitors.

OK thanks for the card recommendation. Does that run natively or does it require web drivers? I was actually thinking of using the onboard graphics, assuming it will run two monitors.
The Nvidia 900 series cards need the web drivers. Kinda a pain, but well worth it verses the current crop of AMD cards not waking from sleep. Check in the Graphics forum section on the status of HD530 because I don't know if you can run dual monitors as I didn't try dual monitors on the HD530.

OK thanks. I'm noticing that there is a TH version of the GA-Z170X-UD5 board. I'm assuming that means it does Thunderbolt. I have no use for that. Is that the only difference between the two boards?

OK thanks. I'm noticing that there is a TH version of the GA-Z170X-UD5 board. I'm assuming that means it does Thunderbolt. I have no use for that. Is that the only difference between the two boards?
Probably. There is a compare capability on the Gigabyte web site which can tell the differences.

Ah. OK thanks!

Well, my original Hackintosh isn't dead yet! I decided to buy a case and a power supply and make a new build out of these and some other spare parts. I installed Windows 10 on it and tried to sell it locally with no success. So now I've decided to keep it for my kids to use and for me to play around on. I am thinking about seeing if I can install macOS Sierra on it.

My question would be: what SMBIOS should I use for it? I used Mac Pro 3,1 before, but I understand macOS Sierra won't install with that SMBIOS.

Also, if I install the Sierra Public Beta on it, will there be a way to update that with the release version when it comes out later in the year? Also, does the Public Beta support the onboard HD 3000 graphics?

Thanks in advance.

Well, my original Hackintosh isn't dead yet! I decided to buy a case and a power supply and make a new build out of these and some other spare parts. I installed Windows 10 on it and tried to sell it locally with no success. So now I've decided to keep it for my kids to use and for me to play around on. I am thinking about seeing if I can install macOS Sierra on it.

My question would be: what SMBIOS should I use for it? I used Mac Pro 3,1 before, but I understand macOS Sierra won't install with that SMBIOS.

Also, if I install the Sierra Public Beta on it, will there be a way to update that with the release version when it comes out later in the year? Also, does the Public Beta support the onboard HD 3000 graphics?

Thanks in advance.
I, too, am putting my Zorro into the retirement home. Great computer. However, see MyHero build as it will replace Zorro's functions. http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/s...og-maximus-viii-hero-i7-6700k-gtx-760.197284/

We're still investigating the appropriate SysDef, but iMac14,2 looks good for a system with a discrete graphics card. That's what I'm using on Hector with the DP I'm testing. Welcome to the Early Adopter fraternity. :thumbup:

We're still investigating the appropriate SysDef, but iMac14,2 looks good for a system with a discrete graphics card. That's what I'm using on Hector with the DP I'm testing. Welcome to the Early Adopter fraternity. :thumbup:

What about HD 3000 graphics? I'm not going to be using a card with this.

Stay tuned. It's still early in the game. However, Apple drew a line in the sand and cut off a bunch of Macs (SysDefs) from 2010 and older. I'm using discrete graphics cards in my two Z68X and my Z68MX systems.

OK. Well maybe I will just put El Capitan on this and then see what happens with Sierra later and switch the system def if need be. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back