Contribute
Register

Stork's Zorro Build: Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Stork's Sandy Bridge Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000 - Lion

EddyMac said:
There was no thermal paste with the CPU cooler. :? Luckily my wife is out shopping and can get me some.

Careful now. The stock intel coolers come with the paste already applied. Look at the bottom of the cooler, do you see 3 small lines of silver like stuff on the bottom of the cooler?

dmreddy said:
EddyMac said:
There was no thermal paste with the CPU cooler. :? Luckily my wife is out shopping and can get me some.

Careful now. The stock intel coolers come with the paste already applied. Look at the bottom of the cooler, do you see 3 small lines of silver like stuff on the bottom of the cooler?

OK thanks for that.

It's not the stock cooler, it's a Mugen 3000, like the on in Stork's build.

After posting the above, I called the manufacturer and they said that the thermal paste was already applied.

Hello Stork,

Sorry to keep cluttering up this thread but knowing you have the exact same build makes you my go-to person.

Did you plug any of the case fans into the motherboard, or did you plug them all into the front panel fan controller?

Stork said:
EddyMac said:
...In the OP you said:

"I booted into the BIOS to update to the latest BIOS version."

How do you update to the latest BIOS version?...

- Download the latest BIOS which is a Win 7 .exe file;

- Use Stuffit to extract the BIOS (Yes, it will do it);

- Put the BIOS file on a USB stick formatted as FAT32;

- Boot into the BIOS and, at the BIOS Post screen hit the key for Q-Flash;

- Select the USB thumb drive, select the BIOS update, and watch it load;

- Reboot and off you go.

Well, that's how I remember it. Something like that. ;) You can also search the Forum for BIOS update or upgrade.

Sorry if this is another dumb question, but where do I download the latest BIOS from, which you say is a Win 7 exe file?

Thanks for all the help...

EddyMac said:
Stork said:
EddyMac said:
...In the OP you said:

"I booted into the BIOS to update to the latest BIOS version."

How do you update to the latest BIOS version?...

- Download the latest BIOS which is a Win 7 .exe file;

- Use Stuffit to extract the BIOS (Yes, it will do it);

- Put the BIOS file on a USB stick formatted as FAT32;

- Boot into the BIOS and, at the BIOS Post screen hit the key for Q-Flash;

- Select the USB thumb drive, select the BIOS update, and watch it load;

- Reboot and off you go.

Well, that's how I remember it. Something like that. ;) You can also search the Forum for BIOS update or upgrade.

Sorry if this is another dumb question, but where do I download the latest BIOS from, which you say is a Win 7 exe file?

Thanks for all the help...

Try here. Check the revision # of your board i.e. 1.0 or 1.3 ( should be on the box, or on a sticker stuck on the box). Click on the BIOS tab for the correct revision number and choose the Bios update you want. I updated mine to F9 as that was all that was available when I was setting up my board. I'm not sure if F10 is supported yet. You should also read your manual on how to flash your BIOS if you have never done it before. Most people say you should not flash your Bios from within Windows but that is what I did and it worked fine ( I had Win 7 Pro installed before OS X in order to dual boot)

http://ca.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/download-center.aspx?kw=GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3+

I looked in the DSDT listings for this board and F10 doesn't seem to be supported yet, so you should probably stick with F9

OK thanks so much. I finally got the machine built and got into the BIOS and it's already at F9 which I think is as high as it goes.

Now to install Lion...

Got Lion installed and working great.... except I can't stay connected to my network. In fact, I've gone through 2 reboots and still nothing. It says that ethernet is not connected (it is).

Currently updating to 10.7.2.

If anyone has any clues why my ethernet isn't working I'd be really grateful.

I installed "Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet 0.0.6.7" using MultiBeast, but that didn't help anything. Still no ethernet. In the Network System Preferences it says, "Cable unplugged. Either the cable for Ethernet Adaptor (en0) is not plugged in or the device at the other end is not responding."

Any help appreciated.

Hi Stork, I just wanted to say thank you for posting this. I've been struggling like crazy with frame buffer issues on the same board with a Radeon 6770 which have prevented me from running some essential software I use (Ableton Live). You're a life saver! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back