start from scratch

Discussion in 'General Help' started by pan, Feb 17, 2011.

1. pan

pan

Feb 17, 2011 #1
    pan

pan

This may not make sense, but after a lot of back and forth, some deleting, installing, etc...I can get my Hackintosh to work, then crash and then work, so I want to completely start over with what I think needs to be done (at least from what I've learned from my trouble shooting)

basically, I want to boot from the macOSx CD, perform a disk utility format and completely format the HDD and start from scratch. The problem is I cant! I think Chameleon is keeping the system from booting from the mac CD. I even tried setting EVERY startup option to "boot from CD" in my Bios and i couldnt.

Anyone have any hints on how to fully format the HDD and start over?

THanks

2. Going Bald

Going Bald Moderator

Mobo:
    GA-X58A-UD7 Rev.1 BIOS F7
    CPU:
    i7-920
    Graphics:
    Sapphire HD5770
    Mac:
    iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
    Classic Mac:
    iMac
    Feb 18, 2011 #2
    Going Bald

Going Bald Moderator

Mobo:
    GA-X58A-UD7 Rev.1 BIOS F7
    CPU:
    i7-920
    Graphics:
    Sapphire HD5770
    Mac:
    iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
    Classic Mac:
    iMac
    Hit F12 during the boot post and select your cd drive when the selection screen comes up.

3. pan

pan

Feb 18, 2011 #3
    pan

pan

Tried it

It gives me the boot list, I chose boot from CD, but it still eventually goes to the chameleon start up screen. The only difference is when I have my iBoot CD in, a the chameleon screen I can choose iBoot (which crashes) or Snow Leopard (which loads fine). When I try the F12 version, but with the mac OSX cd in, it loads to the chameleon screen and only gives me the snow leopard option (no OSX Cd option)...if I choose snow leopard in this case, it crashes