Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] HELP Intel HD Graphics Not Working (10.9.0 Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 7590 - Clover
CPU
i7-9980HK
Graphics
HD 630 + GTX 1650
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I'm having with my Hackintosh (ASUS Vivobook s400ca, Intel i3-3217U Intel HD 4k), and that is the graphics. Everything is working like it should (with help from the forums of course :) ) except the graphics. When Graphics Acceleration is off (I think that's what it's called), YouTube videos are laggy, animations & other things in Mavericks having to do with graphics are slow. Also I should note that when I go into About This Mac > More info, the 'Graphics' is called "Display 6MB of Shared System Memory". When I turn on Graphics Acceleration (by putting the HD4k & other needed kexts into the /System/Library/Extensions) folder (note these are installed) and reboot my Hackintosh with boot flags -v (I always boot with -v so that I can see if it was successful or not), when the Login screen normally comes up is a black screen, and then I have to restart my Hackintosh, boot into single user mode, and remove the kexts so that the black screen will go away. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Any reply would be greatly appreciated as I've been trying to fix this for a few days now! :think:

EDIT: Got working by using UniBeast to install 10.9.2, and then at bootup used the following boot flags: -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003 PCIRootUID=0. It was kinda long to I manually added those boot flags in the boot.plist located in the /Extras folder. Hope I'll help someone! :D

EDIT: Got working by using UniBeast to install 10.9.2, and then at bootup used the following boot flags: -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003 PCIRootUID=0 It was kinda long to I manually added those boot flags in the boot.plist located in the /Extras folder. Hope I'll help someone! :D

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Also useful for El Capitan on
Dell Vostro 2520 (intel HD 4000)
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back