Contribute
Register

Skylake HD530 - Sleeps but won't wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same for me. I tried hibernatemode on my Gigabyte GA-H170N-Wifi and the system just restarts when I try to wake it.

I have the same issue on a GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 with HD 530. Default settings is the typical sleep/wake problem with computer waking but no monitor. With hibernate mode the computer reboots (and the system log doesn't given much insight into cause).

If anyone knows why hibernate reboots and how to fix that would be wonderful.

I have the same issue on a GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 with HD 530. Default settings is the typical sleep/wake problem with computer waking but no monitor. With hibernate mode the computer reboots (and the system log doesn't given much insight into cause).

If anyone knows why hibernate reboots and how to fix that would be wonderful.
its a bug with the HD530,if you want to fix you issue buy a Nvidia GPU.

its a bug with the HD530,if you want to fix you issue buy a Nvidia GPU.

Not everyone has the reboot on hibernate. That's what I was asking about. It may only be limited to Gigabyte boards.

run sudo pmset -a hibernate mode 25
terminal appear error: See pmset(1) for details: 'man pmset'
without setting hibernate mode 25,i put my hachintosh to sleep.it can sleep,but reboot immediately.

I am using intel nuc6i5 with HD540 connect to Dell P2715Q 4k monitor via DP, it also has wake issue. But I found a workaround which can wake the monitor after sleep. Here is the step.

After wake the machine, the monitor will not have siginal and go back to power save mode. At this time, press the power button to make the machine going to sleep. One second after press the power button, click the keyboard to interrupt the sleep process, now the monitor will have siginal.

You can test if this can work on HD530.

Does anyone have this weird kind of reverse problem:

GA-Z170X-UD5-TH with HD 530:
- Manually sleeping the monitor works, and wakes up on keyboard press.
- Auto monitor sleep after x minutes never works. Screen Saver works, but no monitor sleep.

Gabeloooooo, I'm using that same motherboard with the HD 530, and I have the exact same symptoms as you.

Gabeloooooo, I'm using that same motherboard with the HD 530, and I have the exact same symptoms as you.
Do tell me if you ever find a solution, I'll do the same :)

Hi forum !

Anyone has any other solution to wake display from sleep? :headbang:

Display seems to stay asleep. Hackintosh sounds like it wakes up, but nothing on the screen.

GA-Z170XGAMMING3

Thought I'd let you know I have the same problem with a 2016 15" MacBook Pro with Intel Iris Pro when connected via mini display port to a Samsung 24" 4K. The monitor does have some strange power saving settings like Eco timeout and often the MacBook Pro can't send the monitor to sleep based on the energy prefs and I also find it turning itself on with black screen.

Anyway back to the real problem, after being asleep connected to the monitor and AC and lid shut, say overnight, it will not wake, then opening lid built-in screen is black, force track pad is not powered up. However sometimes the backlight comes on. Hard reboot required. Upon reboot I've sometimes seen the sleep wake failure kernel error shown.

Since the trackpad is dead I doubt QuickRes would work, even if auto login was enabled to make it possible given the key combo doesn't work from lock screen. Well can't remote login either so it definitely has crashed.

The energy pref for 'don't allow sleep when AC connected' does seem to prevent it happening at the desk, however say while lid shut you disconnect the AC and monitor to take the laptop away somewhere, then it won't wake upon opening lid same problem again. And by the way it also happens if the Mac is asleep and then connected to the display, it won't wake up again. So I have to ensure I wake it before connecting the display.

Since the problem happens on a real Mac it's either Intel hardware problem, driver bug, or OS X bug. Since it never happens when only the internal display is being used it means it's external/display port related.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back