Contribute
Register

Quick guide to configuring the UEFI on Gigabyte's 7-series LGA-1155 motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about a memory profile setting. My RAM defaults to 1333GHz but if I select profile 1 it goes to 1600GHz. The system runs fine at this setting and I get a better geekbench score. Is this something you recommend or not?

Well, that depends on your RAM and it's not a setting that must be changed to make your system work. There are a lot of tweaks not included here, as this was meant as a really basic guide to the settings you have to change to make it work, not a full guide to every single setting, as that depends on your hardware. I'd stick with the XMP profile, as it's programmed into your memory and as long as your system is stable, it's what it's meant to be running at.

What about Intel Virtualization Technology? Any reason not to enable it?

Using a DS3H (F6) there is no "wake on lan" setting for me but "power on by keyboard" instead. Can't find the wake on lan setting. :S

No, not unless you're running some kind of OS virtualization software

my GB score went from 11500 to 9900 using those settings, and disabling CPU EIST actually made my "about this mac" window show me the right OC'ed CPU frequency @ 4,2Ghz

Hmm... well, you're overclocking, so that's different. I'll have to test that and update the guide.

Thanks for the Guide. I believe this is truly Helpful. In my Gigabyte G1. Sniper M3 the legacy option like this BIOS Features > Hard Drive BBS Priorities > Boot Option #1 > P0:HDD (OS X Installed). What should i do with Boot Option Priorities, let it be default what ever Bios choose itself or need to change there also.

That doesn't matter as long as you can select the right drive to boot from. The only time you'd have to change things around in there is if your OS drive doesn't show up in the list of boot drives.

I believe that the command is: DSDT=/dev/null

Hi,

Thanks for answer.. But i already switched back to Award bios, and after your reply, i am wondering to update bios again, but i have one more question before i do it again.
Yesterday, after installing fresh ML, i even didn't enter into, to install DSDT with MultiBeast, and i got the error for CPU threads..

Is ML installation (with UniBeast method) automatically install some generated DSDT, or not? If not, i i think putting DSDT=/dev/null won't help me..

Thanks for answer.

That setting was based on earlier UEFI releases from Gigabyte and it appears that you don't need to enable it any more, but either which way, it shouldn't make your benchmark score change. I'll have to double check that one and get back to you.

Thanks for the research man, it'll be interesting to see if you manage to dig anything up :thumbup:

I found this guide extremely helpful. Thanks a bunch!

Odd, can't say I've noticed that being a problem, especially as I have devices connected to the USB 3.0 ports and my systems shut down just fine once wake on LAN was disabled. What UEFI version are you using?
I'm using BIOS F8. Are you using USB devices with your USB 3 Ports. I used to have such problem when my dell 2412 USB cable plugged into one USB 3.0 port to use the monitor as an usb hub. After moving to an USB 2.0 port the problem is completely gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back