Contribute
Register

processor B940 and intel hd2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is correct. The hd 3000 is required, meaning you need a sandy bridge CPU.

However I also bought the celeron and the processor is upgradeable. So you can buy an i3 or i5 and swap it and then install.

abakobo said:
hi

a friend bought a 4530s but with a B940 processor and a intel hd2000..
I advised him to buy a 4530s for his macos compatibility but didn't know that model was existing...

is it possible to install osx 6 or 7 on that one (it looks like it's a sandy bridge and in the faq's it looks like it's the condition. but I have a bad feeling about that)?

thx

ako

Does it happen to have a second graphics card as in the radeon?
If you can upgrade the processor and with the independant radeon card it may just work

the graphics is in the processor not the board? damn.. if it didn't then it could have maybe been a stepping stone for ours to see what made it tick

Dewitts said:
the graphics is in the processor not the board? damn.. if it didn't then it could have maybe been a stepping stone for ours to see what made it tick

That's correct. The GPU is in the CPU with regards to the Intel graphics.

abakobo said:
hi

a friend bought a 4530s but with a B940 processor and a intel hd2000..
I advised him to buy a 4530s for his macos compatibility but didn't know that model was existing...

is it possible to install osx 6 or 7 on that one (it looks like it's a sandy bridge and in the faq's it looks like it's the condition. but I have a bad feeling about that)?

thx

ako

Tell him to take it back to the shop and tell them he's had 3 blue screens in the last few days and he wants to return it and chose a different model. (then pay the extra if relevant) :shh: :shh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back