Contribute
Register

Power Management for Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge/Haswell/other Laptops

Power Management for Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge/Haswell Laptops

Not surprising really. I'm certain we are missing some important details in the PM puzzle.

Did you try with -xcpm?

Patching the mach_kernel and using the -xcpm and the vanilla AICPM.kext, my cpu works now between 800-2600 as my macbook air
Ah! And can use any version of ssdtPRGen to create the SSDT.
You are the best RehabMan.
Thanks!!!!

Patching the mach_kernel and using the -xcpm and the vanilla AICPM.kext, my cpu works now between 800-2600 as my macbook air
Ah! And can use any version of ssdtPRGen to create the SSDT.
You are the best RehabMan.
Thanks!!!!

Not quite as your MBA, since your MBA uses AICPUPM.kext, but it does seem that getting PM working with XCPM is "easier" than with AICPUPM.kext.

Not quite as your MBA, since your MBA uses AICPUPM.kext, but it does seem that getting PM working with XCPM is "easier" than with AICPUPM.kext.
A few questions and comments about xcpm and kernel patched:
. Always needs to boot with -wcpm flags? Any problem with other partitions using chimera (10.8, windows,...)
. The first boot with a fresh install without SSDT/DSDT, Intel power gadget show all the cpu and gpu frequencies but no PM on ioreg. I put DSDT and get SSDT with the last ssdtPRGen and ioreg shows PM working fine. Symbios MacBook Air 5,1.
. When arrives 10.9.5 will be necessary to patch again the kernel?
Another again, thanks!

A few questions and comments about xcpm and kernel patched:
. Always needs to boot with -wcpm flags? Any problem with other partitions using chimera (10.8, windows,...)

It is -xcpm not -wcpm. And you can place it in your Kernel Flags in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Please note that OS X updates that update the kernel will fail to boot with -xcpm (early reboot). So, you'll need to take special actions after installing an OS X update with a new kernel (eg. patch the new kernel).

. The first boot with a fresh install without SSDT/DSDT, Intel power gadget show all the cpu and gpu frequencies but no PM on ioreg. I put DSDT and get SSDT with the last ssdtPRGen and ioreg shows PM working fine. Symbios MacBook Air 5,1.

Yes, SSDT is still required.

. When arrives 10.9.5 will be necessary to patch again the kernel?

See above.

It is -xcpm not -wcpm. And you can place it in your Kernel Flags in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Please note that OS X updates that update the kernel will fail to boot with -xcpm (early reboot). So, you'll need to take special actions after installing an OS X update with a new kernel (eg. patch the new kernel).

Yes, SSDT is still required.

See above.

Ups! It's xcpm, sorry and I edited org.Chameleon.Boot.plist.
I wait until update of future releases.

hello rehabman, SSDT with the method of pike, compile and everything went perfect, and put my ssdt.aml extra folder and select the option in chameleon DropSSDT = yes, but when I restart my SSDT does not load, then just drops me two P -State 8-25 but if I put in the boot manager Ramp up the flag DropSSDT = yes if I throw every state

these are my P-State 8- 11- 15- 19- 23- 25- 28- 29- 31.... and my C-State 8- 11- 28

will be alright?
my processor is an intel i5 2450m 2.5 gz, gz 3.1 turbo

hello rehabman, SSDT with the method of pike, compile and everything went perfect, and put my ssdt.aml extra folder and select the option in chameleon DropSSDT = yes, but when I restart my SSDT does not load, then just drops me two P -State 8-25 but if I put in the boot manager Ramp up the flag DropSSDT = yes if I throw every state

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Not sure what you mean by "ramp up the flag DropSSDT=Yes." Generally, you need to drop OEM SSDTs in order to provide an SSDT for CPU PM generated with ssdtPRgen.sh.

what it means is that to load my SSDT I should write in the bootloader screen command "DropSSDT so you can charge.

I make my SSDT with the method ssdtPRgen.sh, pikes blog

what it means is that to load my SSDT I should write in the bootloader screen command "DropSSDT so you can charge.

Still not sure. If you read post #1, you'll see it recommends you use DropSSDT=Yes in your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

I make my SSDT with the method ssdtPRgen.sh, pikes blog

OK.

Back