Contribute
Register

pastrychef's build - Asus Maximus VIII Gene - i7-7700K - GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Thanks again! :lol:

Your handoff fix will be added to first post!

hi guys.
i've just tried the latest mac os sierra pb4 and it's perfectly working.
some issue with the usb configuration in order to bypass the 15 limit port. (el capitan clover patch doesn't work on sierra, so i had to prepare a customized ssdt following ammulder guide in skyline starter guide).
if you want to save money, please use my ssdt and delete the kexttopatch 15 limit string on your clover config.plist
ssdt works both with el capitan and with sierra. gurus say that the clover patch is not meant to be a long term solution and they suggest the ssdt solution.
just add my ssdt-usb in efi/clover/acpi/patched plus the usbinjectall.kext

let me know, have a nice day

Attachments

• SSDT-USB.zip
    739 bytes · Views: 178
Awesome! Thanks!

I won't be installing the beta but this will definitely help prepare us for Sierra final. :thumbup:

hi guys.
i've just tried the latest mac os sierra pb4 and it's perfectly working.
some issue with the usb configuration in order to bypass the 15 limit port. (el capitan clover patch doesn't work on sierra, so i had to prepare a customized ssdt following ammulder guide in skyline starter guide).
if you want to save money, please use my ssdt and delete the kexttopatch 15 limit string on your clover config.plist
ssdt works both with el capitan and with sierra. gurus say that the clover patch is not meant to be a long term solution and they suggest the ssdt solution.
just add my ssdt-usb in efi/clover/acpi/patched plus the usbinjectall.kext

let me know, have a nice day
Did you or someone note the 15 port limit doesn't work in the Sierra forum section? I ask because I don't recall seeing that information.

Did you or someone note the 15 port limit doesn't work in the Sierra forum section? I ask because I don't recall seeing that information.

i tried sierra with the updated patch for 10.12 and usb3 peripheral didn't work.
so, as rehab man suggested me, i went with the ssdt solution

Case
Choosing a case took more time than choosing any other component for me. I wanted something as compact as possible without sacrificing on cooling and still provide for enough room for a decent number of drives and have easily accessible fan filters. It took a while, but I finally stumbled upon the Silverstone KL06 and it met all my requirements. In particular, I liked how I would be able to mimic my old Mac Pro’s cooling; a large CPU heatsink sandwiched between 120mm intake and exhaust fans at the bottom, a 120mm fan that blows directly at the PCI-e slots, and power supply and drives situated at the top.

Aesthetically, it can best be described as boring or nondescript but that's fine for me. I like classy more than outlandish. Quality-wise, it can't compete with Apple's cases but I doubt that many, if any, can.

Congrats. She's a beauty. (Picture of Noctua heat sink and GTX is upside down, btw. Ah, no, Kiiroaka, the PSU sits at the top, so the picture is correct. :D ) I also follow "function over form" so I would hardly call it "boring or non-descript.". That front fan grill looks awesome. :D

I was a little surprised to see the GeekBench memory speeds of 2132 (2133). You may have to go into your BIOS and explicitly set the speed to DDR4-3400. I would then expect to see a GeekBench speed of at least 3200. I think the XPM file is set to 2133 (Natively) and so you should declare it explicitly further down in the RAM settings.

Last edited:
At the time, it was being reported incorrectly. My RAM is running at 3466.

How did you fix "that"?

How did you fix "that"?

Screen Shot 2016-08-13 at 1.25.33 PM.png

Yes, of course. I'm impressed that it is reporting 3466 instead of 3400, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back