Contribute
Register

OSX on a Microsoft Surface Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this was what I was expecting at the beginning of this thread. If the screen surface needs to be calibrated then someone will have to find the needed API hooks and make a utility to do this unless there's another solution.

I guess the first place to start would be to make sure that ML is running in the same resolution Win8 would be, and next is to try and understand how those calibration tools in the links I posted on p.1 actually work.

I'm personally a bit leaning away from this project as I recently got an Alesis IO Dock for my iPad3 which solves a lot of the things I was hoping to solve with this project, but I am still tempted because if it were possible to use full Mac apps like Logic Pro on a tablet I would be really happy about that.

I was able to get the pen calibrated on the Samsung ativ 700t (very similar to the Surface Pro) using the Bamboo Mac drivers from Wacom themselves. It works when I install it, but when I reboot it can't be found and the driver doesn't work. If I unstall preferences and software, reboot and reinstall it works again but only until the next reboot. Here is my post from the Ativ Guide:

Hey everyone! I was able to get the pen to calibrate using the Bamboo drivers found here:

http://www.wacom.com/en/support/drivers

Select Bamboo - Mac OSX

Driver 5.3.2-2 for OS X 10.8, 10.7 & 10.6
Edit: For some reason, when I reboot it longer detects the Wacom hardware and says that "No supported device" found. So you have to remove all preferences and uninstall the software, then reboot. Cold boot to Windows, then restart to OSX, then reinstall the Wacom driver software. Hmmm, might be tied to the BIOS not keeping power to the wacom USB interface...

It took me a LONG time to figure it out but they work. You still have to load windows first to get the driver to kick in but it finally works!

Video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVcBCHechSw&feature=em-upload_owner

beta guide:
http://uttechsolutions.com/mac-osx-on-samsung-ativ-700t/

This is amazing. Please let me know how all this is coming along.

Hello guys, could someone please post a full list of steps how to get Mountain Lion running on the Surface Pro.
I'll get mine next week and it sounds so promising to get OSX runing on it :) (Hope we'll be able to run the last version of OSX) I'm totaly new at hackint0shing. So i beg you tell help me out :) ... It would be nice if there is a way to get OSX booting from the internal drive and get everything to work (except the wifi *for now*).:beachball:

Think this one is pretty dead in the water—I've been keeping a keen eye on this thread since it began, and there's been nothing in weeks.

I wont give up my hope :D ... Surface Pro is a pretty good hackint0sh (on my opinion). Hope those ppl who mentioned to get OSX running will reply someday with some good news (tutorial). :)

So I've got Mountain Lion finally working on my Surface Pro along side Windows 8 Pro, only thing is I can't get the wifi working. The Marvell wifi adapter. Just wondering if anyone's seen anything on possibly modding/hacking previous kexts that are already out there? So far I've found nothing... atm I'm just using a usb wifi adapter.

ksosx86 please can you do a step by step tutorial?

Thanks ;)

It'll be some time before I can do that. Still working out a lot of kinks at the moment... but when I get it all sorted I'll try and make some sort of guide. Can't give an ETA though.

It'll be some time before I can do that. Still working out a lot of kinks at the moment... but when I get it all sorted I'll try and make some sort of guide. Can't give an ETA though.

What bluetooth kext are you using to get it working? I have a fully operational install of it running except for bluetooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back