Contribute
Register

OS X Driver for NVMe M.2 Solid State Drives Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as information, I'm following the following thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-10-11-6-asus-z170-pro-gaming-i5-6500-760gtx.189372 but I'm unable to add the kext for some reason.

What do you mean by "unable to add the kext"?

Some versions of Clover do not inject from kexts/Other when a version specific directory matching the version of OS X that you're booting exists.

If you're going to split kexts across version specific directories (such as kexts/10.11) and kexts/Other, you should be certain you understand the specific behavior of the Clover revision you're using with regards to those directories.

I don't see any point in placing kexts in any other directory other than kexts/Other. And all version specific directories under kexts/ should be deleted.

What do you mean by "unable to add the kext"?
Well clearly just dragging it to the folder doesn't seem to work so I'm guessing I'm missing something pretty significant... Also excuse the stupid questions but I'm pretty new to it all.

Well clearly just dragging it to the folder doesn't seem to work so I'm guessing I'm missing something pretty significant... Also excuse the stupid questions but I'm pretty new to it all.

To keep things simple...

You place all the kexts you intend to inject in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. Then remove all directories under EFI/Clover/kexts except for Other.

To keep things simple...

You place all the kexts you intend to inject in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. Then remove all directories under EFI/Clover/kexts except for Other.

Tried this doesn't seem to change anything. I don't know where or how things are failing. Is there any information I can give that could help you ?

Tried this doesn't seem to change anything. I don't know where or how things are failing. Is there any information I can give that could help you ?

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Also, attach output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal (or you can press F2 in Clover to create preboot.log in Clover/misc).

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Also, attach output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal (or you can press F2 in Clover to create preboot.log in Clover/misc).

See attached file, pressing F2 in clover did not result in the preboot.log. Tried it multiple times.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 147
See attached file, pressing F2 in clover did not result in the preboot.log. Tried it multiple times.

Then I will need lspci output as requested from Linux.
I don't know why you're using GenericUSBXHCI.kext. It serves no purpose with the hardware you previously mentioned.
I have not used Clover v3751, so can't vouch for it.

For what it is worth, I just tried F2 at the main Clover screen and can confirm it creates preboot.log in Clover/misc. Probably you were not pressing it at the main Clover screen. Or your keyboard is doing something strange...

Last edited:
Then I will need lspci output as requested from Linux.
I don't know why you're using GenericUSBXHCI.kext. It serves no purpose with the hardware you previously mentioned.
I have not used Clover v3751, so can't vouch for it.

For what it is worth, I just tried F2 at the main Clover screen and can confirm it creates preboot.log in Clover/misc. Probably you were not pressing it at the main Clover screen. Or your keyboard is doing something strange...

It's because my EFI wasn't on the FAT32 partition and thus clover couldn't write to it. See attached file.

Edit: I have finally got it to work. Now I'm just figuring out how to fix the graphics. I'm stuck at 800x600. Using my dedicated GPU is out of the question since that's a GTX1060. Trying to get the CPU Graphics to work somehow.

Attachments

• preboot.log.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Hi ya'll,
I'm wondering - is it just cosmetic that the m.2 Hard drive shows as External in Disk Utility and not as NVMExpress in OSX? Everything seems to be working fine using the straight MacVidCards driver. (Installed m.2 in the motherboard slot).
?

hackintosh.jpg

Hi ya'll,
I'm wondering - is it just cosmetic that the m.2 Hard drive shows as External in Disk Utility and not as NVMExpress in OSX? Everything seems to be working fine using the straight MacVidCards driver. (Installed m.2 in the motherboard slot).
?

hackintosh.jpg

It is cosmetic but can be "fixed" with a patch to NVMeGeneric.kext (the patch is in my NUC repo, for example).
But there are serious problems with NVMeGeneric.kext that are not cosmetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back