Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Success with this build:

MOBO - Gigabyte H77N
Processor - Intel i3 3225 Sandy Bridge
8gb RAM
OCZ Agility 3 120gb SSD
CiT Mini ITX Case
Atheros 9280 WIFI half card
Mountain Lion

Everything seems to work even the WIFI! - I replaced the WIFI card on the board with the Atheros.

Just one thing. I don't seem to have Bluetooth. I'm a bit ignorant about Bluetooth anyway - never really used it before. But would the problem be because I replaced the WIFI card, or something else?

Hi, i recently received my Z77N WIFI, and for 3 days i cant get the install OS X screen...
So frustated... because is my 3 hackintosh and two others no problem with install running smooth.
My specs:
Gigabyte Z77N WIFI
I5 3750K
Corsair H80
Samsung 256GB SSD (for system)
Black Caviar 1TB (for files)
GSkill 16GB
Sony Blu-Ray
ATI 6870 (but using HD 4000 on-board to install)
No matter what bios config i use, i always get panic with restart button screen...
Anyone help???

I ordered all the parts in the CustoMac Mini Deluxe:
Intel Core i5 3570K
Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI
16GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
BitFenix Prodigy Blac
Power Supply FSP AURUM GOLD 500W
Seagate Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s 1TB HDD
Mac OSX Mountain Lion

The parts should start arriving tomorrow. I hope the build and install go without a hitch per the instructions, thought it does seem that people are haveing problems.

Steve

I have the H77N and the Core i3 with HD4000. Set everything up last Wednesday, three days later ethernet stopped connecting to DNS servers and says Router: (null) when I run -getinfo. Deleting and reconfiguring network settings didn't work, only rerunning Multibeast had any effect. Now today, three days after rerunning Multibeast the same problem cropped back up. Wifi works fine and ethernet says it has an IP. Any idea what might be causing this? I'm at a lost.

Is there any build that is done with the h77 and a i5 3570K.

Do I need to use usb bluetooth adapter or can I use the one thats onboard?

Tony - thank you for coming up with such useful guides and creating a thriving community. I follow the guide and tried building my first Hackintosh. My build is as follow:
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI - MB
Intel i7-3770 - 3.4GHz CPU
Kingston 8GB 1600MHz KVR 16N11/8 DDR3 x 2 - 16GB RAM
Seagate 2TB 3.5" SATA 6GB 7200RPM HDD
Crucial 256GB 2.5" SATA3 SSD
DVI Output to an IPS LCD 23" screen - trying to use the onboard graphics

I have managed to put the hardware together 3 days ago and installed Unibeast ML 10.8.2 to the above. But having major issues post installation, despite following all the Multibeast (5.1.2) settings detailed in this post (System definition = iMac12,2).

I can access ML through safe mode "-x" from the installed drive (the SSD in this case).

But on normal mode, I keep getting stuck during boot up. On verbose mode "-v", I can see that it's stuck after:

[IOBluetoothHCIController].... calling registerService

From what I read elsewhere, this should be a graphics problem. I have tried including the device-properties string as suggested by poster #2 "AnyJunk". But somehow didn't work for me.

I have also tried removing
ATI6000Controller.kext as the post below suggested.
HTML:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-guides/61549-ga-h77-ds3h-i5-3570k-16gb-hd-6450-1gb-hd4000-clean-upgrade.html
It worked once on normal mode, but then failed after reboot.

I have done clean reinstall of ML on the SSD more than 15 times trying different solutions but none of them worked. I even tried using an archived version of Multibeast (5.0.2) a few times. Somehow one of those times I got the normal mode working, ie all the audio and ethernet drivers were working properly. But on reboot it failed, again getting stuck at exactly the same point in the boot cycle as per the verbose "-v" output.

As this is the first time I try building, I'm not really sure what other details can I provide to help myself resolve this problem. Any suggestions more than welcome. I am just very confused as to why I run into this problem when others seem to be building similar builds without apparently running into the same issues.

Thanks again for all the contributors. Even though it's frustrating that it's not working, all these web searches make me learn a lot more about this machine.;)

UPDATE
---------
It appears that I can get my build to boot once, and once only, under "normal" mode, after I do a reinstall using Unibeast ML 10.8.2 and run Multibeast 5.1.2 using the settings detailed in the first post by Tony. BIOS settings are always the same, other than changing the default boot drive.

But after that boot, my Hackintosh would refuse to boot under "normal" mode. And always stuck at the same point as detailed above as per the verbose "-v" output.

Really scratching my head on this. Not sure if anything was faulty. But everything seems to be working when it boot properly. Under System Profiles, I can even see HDMI audio and it could find the AirPlay device on my network. Bonjour worked for other Macs and PC on the network. Just very strange.........

Further Update
-----------------
In fact , it's totally a case of random luck if I can boot into "normal" mode. Without reinstalling ML 10.8.2, I managed to boot the above once more after a few different reboots. But then it refuses to co-operate and stuck at the same place as per verbose "-v" output. The last few lines of the output are as follow -

**** [AppleBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport][configurePM] -- ERROR -- waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification -- this = 0xffffff801efc7400 ****
[IOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService
ConsiderRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib triggered rebuild

Any thoughts most welcome. Many thanks

Tony - thank you for coming up with such useful guides and creating a thriving community. I follow the guide and tried building my first Hackintosh. My build is as follow:
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI - MB
Intel i7-3770 - 3.4GHz CPU
Kingston 8GB 1600MHz KVR 16N11/8 DDR3 x 2 - 16GB RAM
Seagate 2TB 3.5" SATA 6GB 7200RPM HDD
Crucial 256GB 2.5" SATA3 SSD
DVI Output to an IPS LCD 23" screen - trying to use the onboard graphics

I have managed to put the hardware together 3 days ago and installed Unibeast ML 10.8.2 to the above. But having major issues post installation, despite following all the Multibeast (5.1.2) settings detailed in this post (System definition = iMac12,2).

I can access ML through safe mode "-x" from the installed drive (the SSD in this case).

But on normal mode, I keep getting stuck during boot up. On verbose mode "-v", I can see that it's stuck after:

[IOBluetoothHCIController].... calling registerService

From what I read elsewhere, this should be a graphics problem. I have tried including the device-properties string as suggested by poster #2 "AnyJunk". But somehow didn't work for me.

I have also tried removing
ATI6000Controller.kext as the post below suggested.
HTML:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-guides/61549-ga-h77-ds3h-i5-3570k-16gb-hd-6450-1gb-hd4000-clean-upgrade.html
It worked once on normal mode, but then failed after reboot.

I have done clean reinstall of ML on the SSD more than 15 times trying different solutions but none of them worked. I even tried using an archived version of Multibeast (5.0.2) a few times. Somehow one of those times I got the normal mode working, ie all the audio and ethernet drivers were working properly. But on reboot it failed, again getting stuck at exactly the same point in the boot cycle as per the verbose "-v" output.

As this is the first time I try building, I'm not really sure what other details can I provide to help myself resolve this problem. Any suggestions more than welcome. I am just very confused as to why I run into this problem when others seem to be building similar builds without apparently running into the same issues.

Thanks again for all the contributors. Even though it's frustrating that it's not working, all these web searches make me learn a lot more about this machine.;)

UPDATE
---------
It appears that I can get my build to boot once, and once only, under "normal" mode, after I do a reinstall using Unibeast ML 10.8.2 and run Multibeast 5.1.2 using the settings detailed in the first post by Tony. BIOS settings are always the same, other than changing the default boot drive.

But after that boot, my Hackintosh would refuse to boot under "normal" mode. And always stuck at the same point as detailed above as per the verbose "-v" output.

Really scratching my head on this. Not sure if anything was faulty. But everything seems to be working when it boot properly. Under System Profiles, I can even see HDMI audio and it could find the AirPlay device on my network. Bonjour worked for other Macs and PC on the network. Just very strange.........

Further Update
-----------------
In fact , it's totally a case of random luck if I can boot into "normal" mode. Without reinstalling ML 10.8.2, I managed to boot the above once more after a few different reboots. But then it refuses to co-operate and stuck at the same place as per verbose "-v" output. The last few lines of the output are as follow -

**** [AppleBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport][configurePM] -- ERROR -- waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification -- this = 0xffffff801efc7400 ****
[IOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService
ConsiderRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib triggered rebuild

Any thoughts most welcome. Many thanks

try disabling vt-d in bios and you should be fine

mz123- thank you very much for this insight! - I turned vt-d off and it looks like it is booting properly.

Not really sure what is the difference, will try and look into this.

Thanks again for this gem.:thumbup:

Back