Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vemacs, did you ever install the old AGPM kext?

just using GE=Y in Chameleon/Chimera. no extra files to activate my video card for OSX.

my GTX460 loses power-management once it transitions from an OpenCL/3D screensaver that subsequently shuts off the monitor. using an edited AGPM fixes this, with the card returning to its idle clock a few seconds after waking up.

i don't put my hackintosh to sleep. ever. for years it's been a dark science to get it working and i'd rather not have a corrupt my HD, BIOS or all the above the one time it fails.

i am able to change resolutions without corruption and go dual screen (dual-dvi card with two DVI->HDMI cables) without any issue.

my console will output this when the 2nd monitor is connected while the first is active -
Code:
WindowServer[542]: Display 0x0b4082c1: MappedDisplay Unit 1; ColorProfile { 2, "HD 709-A"}; TransferFormula (1.000000, 1.000000, 1.000000)
WindowServer[542]: Display 0x19073a80: MappedDisplay Unit 0; ColorProfile { 2, "HD 709-A"}; TransferFormula (1.000000, 1.000000, 1.000000)

in both Snow Leopard and Lion the card was susceptible to the "Fermi Freeze", which was our own version of the Blue Screen of Death. a 2 pixel line would creep on the upper left portion of the monitor and the entire computer would freeze. no beach balls, no still being able to move the mouse - the entire system froze. that seems to be corrected right now, thankfully!

yes, failed miserably. KPed every time.

Here I am having the same problem as others.
If I turn on or off another screen, the system freezes, showing blocks with bits of what it should be on screen, or a blue screen, or a black screen.
The same happens if I turn off the monitor, or if I try to change resolution, or even if an app tries to do that going to fullscreen.
I have an Asus GTX 550ti, it's brand new, and works perfectly with Lion when I installed it a week ago.
Something strange I found: my system has a dual boot of Mountain Lion and Windows 7. Today I booted Windows, and everything works great. Then I restarted the system, tried to boot with Mountain Lion, and the screen froze as when I turn on the second screen, but this time the blocks that appears on screen showed bits of my Windows desktop!
I discover too that booting in safe mode everything works fine, I can change resolution, power on a second screen, power off that same screen, put the system to sleep and wake up fine, so the problem exists only on a normal boot, and it's related to some kext.
I've installed old Lion Geforce kexts, but I got KP. Then I installed a LegacyAGPM kext, like the one posted here, but do not resolve anything. I tried to modify AGPM kext but it's no difference. I even switched from MacPro 3.1 to 4.1 and 5.1, and iMac 11.1, 11.2, 12.1 and 12.2
It's all the same.
I ven formatted my SSD and reinstalled ML form scratch. The problem is there even at first boot only installing Chameleon and nothing more.
There must be a native ML kext.

[ POSSIBLE SOLUTION ]

I have the z68ma board. I had the same issue (wake up problems after sleep) with a GT440 and a GTX 560 TI.

Here is how it got solved.

- Remove the video card
- Install Mountain Lion (or upgrade from Lion)
- Do the Multibeast thing (DSDT, Drivers etc.)
- Everything should be working properly (sleep / wake etc.)
- Put the video card back
- The system booted up fine and the sleep /wake etc. works (Mac Pro 3,1) in Mountain Lion

Seems like installing ML while the Video Card is in causes some issue.

It didn't solved my problem :(

[ POSSIBLE SOLUTION ]

I have the z68ma board. I had the same issue (wake up problems after sleep) with a GT440 and a GTX 560 TI.

Here is how it got solved.

- Remove the video card
- Install Mountain Lion (or upgrade from Lion)
- Do the Multibeast thing (DSDT, Drivers etc.)
- Everything should be working properly (sleep / wake etc.)
- Put the video card back
- The system booted up fine and the sleep /wake etc. works (Mac Pro 3,1) in Mountain Lion

Seems like installing ML while the Video Card is in causes some issue.

Someone else test this? Read it in this forum a few times, already. But didn't make much sense for me...

hmmmmm

Well once you put your gtx 550ti back in the pcie slot osx will load the same kexts has it does if you install with the card from the start. So no point at all doing this its so daft its for people who cant get past the install screen and dont no what commands to type so you dont after swap card. It wont make the gtx 550ti work better thats a joke lol :) when it loads the same drivers/kexts :) Hope this helps thanks

I "fixed" my GT430 Fermi freezes by replacing it with a GT640 Kepler card. $100 and done.

GraphicsEnabler=No Make sure to remove NVClockX.kext.

QE/CI and OpenCL out of the box. Not a bad solution for anyone using a GT430. Less than ideal for anyone with a mid-high end fermi.

You Cheated! No Fair...

Here's the problems I have with my 550ti (0x10de1244):
-Bluescreens on resolution change
-Unable to wake from sleep
-Artifacts after wake from screensaver or display sleep
-Sometimes unable to exit iTunes fullscreen

same issues with my MSI GT430...just tried some appleRTC and sleep enablers, always artifacts!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back