Graphics
ati radeon 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I cannot get WOL working in Lion 10.7.2. It seems to be a sleep related problem ,however, because it looks like the NIC gets turned off during sleep. So if there is no ethernet there can be no wake on lan. Lion 10.7.1 works ok. Anyone know of a fix? I have done extensive searching on this and cannot find a solution.
WOL works fine in windows also.

Thanks in advance :problem:

ocean223 said:
I cannot get WOL working in Lion 10.7.2. It seems to be a sleep related problem ,however, because it looks like the NIC gets turned off during sleep. So if there is no ethernet there can be no wake on lan. Lion 10.7.1 works ok. Anyone know of a fix? I have done extensive searching on this and cannot find a solution.
WOL works fine in windows also.

Thanks in advance :problem:

Have you installed Lnx2Mac's most recent Realtek kext for ethernet?

Oh yeah. Installed them on 10.7.1.also where wol works. :?

Does WOL work on your Gigabyte board under 10.7.2?

I've got a LGA1156 GA board (listed <- over there) and running 10.7.2 with the new RTL driver from Lnx2mac and I can Wake on Demand perfectly. I share a printer from it and my wife can happily print to it when I'm asleep.

I did install the new RTL driver _after_ I did 10.7.2 though, not that it should have made a difference though :)

Cheers,

Brett

I have the same board as bwhinnen but the same problem as ocean223. I don't remember if WOL worked under 10.7.0, and I skipped 10.7.1, but it doesn't work with RTL81xx 0.0.90 and 10.7.2. When I sleep the computer it shuts the ethernet port down completely.

I rolled back to 0.0.67+, still on 10.7.2, and WOL works perfectly.

I rolled back to 0.0.67+,shut down,removed power cord from power supply for at least 30 sec, plugged it back in and the indicator light on the router came on . Ethernet is working. I then powered on the computer and let it sleep and the router light stayed on. I then tested WOL many times from a laptop and an iphone for several cycles and it worked fine.
I then installed the RTL81xx 0.0.90 driver, powered down , did the power cord thing and tested like before and it works.
So I don,t think the driver has anything to do with this. Untill someone figures it out I'll just remember to remove and replace the power cord when rebooting and stuff.
I am now using Pleasesleep. it sleeps the computer faster than without it.

Hope this helps someone. :mrgreen:

I managed to get WOL to work with 0.0.90 with the power cord trick, but it didn't survive a reboot (I'd have to unplug my computer every time I reboot, no thanks). On the 0.0.67 kext WOL does survive reboots, including booting into Windows and Linux, without unplugging.

Hmmm, I think I'm going to start over with a clean install. I just found out that I'm in 32-bit mode. I don't know how that happened.
Glad to hear you got it working.
:mrgreen:

After clean install with Unibeast WOL works after a shut down and remove power supply cord for 30 secs. (or just shut off power to PS if so equipped. This has to be done after any reboot. I really believe it is a sleep issue. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back