GeForce 8600m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,
First and foremost, let me apologise if some of my questions/responses are retarded, and if this thread is in the wrong section, just joined, and planning a hack'tosh, haven't built a pc since about 7 years back, so pretty rusty. I've been saving for a while, and i'm setting up a fairly high-end home (music) production studio in India. Got everything ready, and i've been waiting and waiting for the "new" iMacs, but honestly i'm tired of waiting, and after much research, a hackintosh (upgradeability) just sounds a hell of a lot better. I'm also a longtime gamer.

Keeping that in mind, I need a very powerful yet extremely quiet build. Pricing is not a huge concern as long as those two criteria are optimised. Tracking (miking, instruments etc) will be done in an adjacent room, however, i would like to minimise noise as much as possible for mixing and mastering. After researching for the last two weeks or so, checking out components, prices (building this in India btw, so not everything is as easily/cheaply available) and i've come up with the following build (subject to change based on responses):

MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH (Doesn't seem to be available in India yet, but since my build is a couple of months away, im sure ill find it by then)
Case: Antec P280 ATX Mid-Tower (Would love a Fractal Design R4, however, I can't seem to find a supplier in India, let's see in a couple of months)
Processor: Intel Core i5 3570K (May decide to oc in the future if need be, any recommendations whether an i7 would be more useful for my purposes? Not going to be using the onboard GFX so essentially the only other advantage is hyper-threading, not sure whether that'll be useful/apply to my needs?)
CPU Cooler: Zalman 120mm Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler CNPS10X (For added silence and for future OC'ing)
GPU:ASUS GeForce GTX670 2GB DDR5 - GTX670-DC2T-2GD5 (Read a lot about how the GTX680 and 670 were much more efficient and silent, and the ASUS model of the 670 is apparently the quietest of them all, barring perhaps the Asus GTX680? but $150 on top is not worth it for the 680)
PSU: Seasonic 660W Modular Power Supply SS-660KM (Need a high quality PSU, and this one is supposed to be ultra silent to boot)
Storage: 2 x 128GB OCZ Vertex4 (SATA III) SSDs (One for OS X boot, one for Windows)
RAM: 4x8gb (32gb) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz
Case Fans: 4 x Noctua NF-P12 120mm fans (potentially replace the "apparently" noisy stock fans in the Antec case, plus one added intake fan, as the Antec only has 3 exhaust fans)
Apple Magic Trackpad
(will multi-touch gestures work?)

How would I get native apple devices (like airport extreme pcie, wireless keyboard, magic mouse, and magic touchpad) to work in windows? and standalone drivers needed/available?

Aside from this, i'd really appreciate some lob/compatibility input on a nice HD webcam (for skype etc), an ethernet adapter (doesn't seem like the onboard one works), a powerful wifi adapter (internal preferable, was considering the airport extreme off ebay, but how well would it work in windows?), and a bluetooth adapter for my mouse, keyboard and trackpad. As i've never attempted a hackintosh yet, id like to go with as many oob devices as possible, so im open to changes in the specs. Look forward to hearing from you guys (and then building this beast!!!!).

Oh, will be powering one 27" Catleap Monitor at 2560 x 1440, need a lot of screen real estate for all the virtual instruments/devices. Thanks in advance!

Oh also plan on adding external TB storage, but will look into that later, for now my old USB 2.0, and FW drives will have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back