Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad (ClickPad support)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to configure my Fn keys just like a real Macbook. My volume and brightness keys work, but that's it. I'd like to have functions to open settings, mute the microphone, turn on/off wifi, etc. I can take a picture of the keyboard if that will help.

All such functions will require:
- map the Fn+Fx key (if possible) to a real Fxx key (eg. F16, F17, etc).
- find a way to map that key to code
- write code to do the function you want

Also, is there anyway to make the "momentum" function of the trackpad a bit longer/smoother? Like increase the acceleration?

Speed can be adjusted in SysPrefs->Trackpad. Anything more than that gets into reverse engineering the accelerator tables, or customizing other properties of the trackpad driver (see Info.plist).

Another thing I noticed is that my trackpoint (the red nub on the Lenovo keyboard) only works sometimes, most of the time it doesn't.

All source code is provided, you can debug the problem if you're familiar with C++. I don't have the hardware to test/verify/debug/fix.

All such functions will require:
- map the Fn+Fx key (if possible) to a real Fxx key (eg. F16, F17, etc).
- find a way to map that key to code
- write code to do the function you want

Speed can be adjusted in SysPrefs->Trackpad. Anything more than that gets into reverse engineering the accelerator tables, or customizing other properties of the trackpad driver (see Info.plist).

All source code is provided, you can debug the problem if you're familiar with C++. I don't have the hardware to test/verify/debug/fix.
Thanks. I'll have to take a look into programming for the Fn keys. Do you have any good starting points or hints?

As for the trackpad/trackpoint, I used a custom VoodooPS2Controller from this guide and it's working much better:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/thinkpad-x1-carbon-3rd-gen-could-use-some-hints.162195/

Thanks. I'll have to take a look into programming for the Fn keys. Do you have any good starting points or hints?

Look at the examples in the u430 repo to see how custom keymaps can be done with ACPI.
As for attaching code to keystrokes in OS X, there are several 3rd party apps that might be useful (Better TouchTool, Karabiner, etc).

As for the trackpad/trackpoint, I used a custom VoodooPS2Controller from this guide and it's working much better:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/thinkpad-x1-carbon-3rd-gen-could-use-some-hints.162195/

That person should submit a pull request at my github. Keep in mind that code is based on an old/buggy version of my kext.

Look at the examples in the u430 repo to see how custom keymaps can be done with ACPI.
As for attaching code to keystrokes in OS X, there are several 3rd party apps that might be useful (Better TouchTool, Karabiner, etc).

That person should submit a pull request at my github. Keep in mind that code is based on an old/buggy version of my kext.
I'll take a look at the U430 files and see if I can't figure it out.

I'll also post over in the X1 Carbon thread to let the OP know that it might be helpful for him to submit a pull request into your git project so we can use the most up-to-date version of the driver.

I am using voodoops2controller for my almost perfect yosemite hackintosh- Fujitsu LH532 Core i3-Ivy but the problem is, two finger scrolling not working, can someone please help me, to solve this problem?

I am using voodoops2controller for my almost perfect yosemite hackintosh- Fujitsu LH532 Core i3-Ivy but the problem is, two finger scrolling not working, can someone please help me, to solve this problem?

You probably don't have Synaptics...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

I have french keyboard. I would like to know there is option to switch right Alt key to right Windows key? Because laptop keyboard there is no right windows key. i have to use left windows key. it would be great if you can support this feature and right menu key like right click on mouse
thanks

Newest version doesn't work with my laptop Gigabyte P15 version 3.
keyboard doesn't work,
Touchpad Synaptic doesn't
OS 10.11.6
Can you fix it? I attach Ioreg

Attachments

• P15v3.zip
    550.2 KB · Views: 107
Newest version doesn't work with my laptop Gigabyte P15 version 3.
keyboard doesn't work,
Touchpad Synaptic doesn't
OS 10.11.6
Can you fix it? I attach Ioreg

I don't see a PS2 trackpad in the ioreg. Perhaps your trackpad is I2C or USB. You should check in Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back