Contribute
Register

New Hackintosh Build. i7 3770K, Asrock z77 Extreme4m, NVIDIA 660ti MSI Twin Frozr 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
best to do it before (get it out of the way).

just download the rom from the blog, and update as you would a regular bios file. read the boards manual if you are unsure of how to do that

Alright will do. Everything else sound about right?

Well I am getting my parts in and planning to do my build as soon as my power supply comes in. I wanted to check back with this forum and make sure I had everything prepared so I was looking into getting the DSDT I'll need for my board. I know you mentioned that I would not find a ready made one online, so I saw the guide you made in your signature where you discuss making a DSDT. I was preparing to follow that guide however I noticed that the Asrock Z77 Extreme4 is not in the patch list. What should I do about getting a DSDT for my board?

Thanks again for your help.

dont follow the guide in my sig.
use the dsdt info in post 7 of this thread.

youll only need to edit that one bit for sleep to work.

I was looking through that post for a DSDT, from what I see the Sleep Wake thread talks about what needs to be edited in the DSDT to fix sleep/wake, but of course you have to have the DSDT first for that. I also checked through the Modified BIOS page and downloaded the file I need, however that is not a DSDT in and of itself correct? There's obviously something I'm missing.

you arent looking for a dsdt in a post when you are following that asrock sleep thread. it isnt something which you download. you extract it from your system, and then make the necessary changes to it.

you can extract the dsdt using dpcimanager http://sourceforge.net/projects/dpcimanager/
press the 'extract dsdt' on the top left, then make the changes mentioned in the asrock thread using a dsdt editor (dsdt editor, dsdtse or maciasl are examples of dsdt editors), then put the dsdt in the /extra folder

make sense?

Ok ok, I see what you're saying, I'm pretty sure I can do that. I saw a similar process about extracting a DSDT in the thread in your signature. The /extra folder will be located where exactly?

Also, since I'm currently stuck on windows until I can build my new machine, is there a way to do this in windows since DPCIManager is for OSX?

the /extra folder will be built when you run userdsdt.

the dsdt edit is not a requirement to get your build running smoothly.
everything will work, bar sleep, with the settings on the first page.
get the build up and running first, then tackle sleep. you can always add, or remove, a dsdt from the /extra folder. you dont have to rerun multibeast to do that. its a simple move/replace/delete job.
just my $0.02

Also, since I'm currently stuck on windows until I can build my new machine, is there a way to do this in windows since DPCIManager is for OSX?

the dsdt is extracted from the motherboard you are using. so if you are using a different machine atm, you will be extracting that systems dsdt...

Right right, I see what to do now. I understand that the DSDT is not required for boot and OSX install, I'd just like to have everything ready to go if possible. I don't want to get too busy after the build and put it off. "An ounce of prevention" and all that. However I guess since the DSDT is extracted based on that machine's Mobo, doing this now really does no good.

Thanks again for the help, hopefully this all runs smoothly. I will find this especially humorous if an installation of OSX onto a Hackintosh machine goes more quickly than the installation of windows onto a pc. I had several friends build machines recently and their windows installs were painstakingly long, taking at least 2 hours what with all the driver installs and restarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back