Contribute
Register

Native Support in Mountain Lion- Ivy Bridge, HD 4000, GeForce 6xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this snippet of info from os86.net.
"VERY IMPORTANT!!! You Must Set the Graphics Memory Size to 96MB or 192MB in your BIOS. If you dont do this your screen will be distorted and it won't work right. "

It was meant for DVI and HDMI outputs but it wouldnt hurt to give it a try.

I've tried several option in the BIOS. I've set iGPU memory to: AUTO, 32, 64, 96, 192 and 512MB, but it doesn't make a difference. I've also tried using a monitor with DVI, but that still doesn't give improvement, even when I unplug the monitor and then plug it in again. The only way I can get things working is setting iGPU memory to 96 MB and unplugging/replugging the displayport.

I'll try using a different motherboard, later this weekend...

hi guys i have intel core i5 2400 3.10ghz nvidia geforce gt 520 is compatible for mac os x

i5 2400 3.10 ghz graphics nvidia geforce gt 520 is compatible for mac os x

i5 2400

i5 2400 3.10 ghz graphics nvidia geforce gt 520 is compatible for mac os x

The 590 works — what about the 690?

As far as I know, no. I would love to see someone with this card give it a try (can't hurt) but dual GPU cards/SLI aren't supported in osx as of yet.

This is simply not correct. I'm running 10.8 (since DP2) with my GTX 590 and three BenQ screens (XL2410T) attached without any problems. I'd really love to switch out that 590 for a 690, mostly because of lower power draw on these new cards. Will be watching the coming weeks closely.

Gigabyte 550ti ML

I have a gigabyte p55a-ud3l mobo with gigabyte 550ti dev id 0x1244, rev id = 0x00a1
When i booted with GE=Yes opengl and resolution is ok, but opencl is didn't work.
When I boot with GE=No the display is black (i can login from remote) system pref is says nvida card 128 mb, resolution is 1024x768.
Any idea? thx

can you put it to sleep?

wake up from sleep could repair the video issue.

can you put it to sleep?

I've found out that, when I see the distorted image, if I disconnect the displayport plug from the computer and then connect it again (hot plug), I get full 2560x1440 resolution HD 4000 with QE/CI.
If anybody finds a better solution, please let us know!
BTW: I'm using a i7 3770K with the P8Z77-v LE.

wake up from sleep could rectified the distorted image issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back