Contribute
Register

Native Support in Mountain Lion- Ivy Bridge, HD 4000, GeForce 6xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, will the GTX 690 work in ML?

As far as I know, no. I would love to see someone with this card give it a try (can't hurt) but dual GPU cards/SLI aren't supported in osx as of yet.

As far as I understand the GraphicsEnabler function and your comment on the GeForce 6xx Series where it is set to NO, I have to deactivate it for my HD4000 because it's also nativly supported, do I?

so what about 7xxx series from amd like 7770 and 7850 ? i want to get new build but i dont want to but old 6870 as its same price as 7850 at my country

How are you getting that score on Geekbench. I have i7-3770 3.4ghz 256GB SSD and 16GB RAM GTX 570 - and i can only pull 12999 in ML and 13120 in Lion

i get around 14246 with my 3770k 16gb 1600 on a 5400rpm drive and a GTS 450?

I wonder if my GTX560M will work without GraphicsEnabler=Yes

I'm trying to get HD 4000 to work over DisplayPort on an Asus P8Z77-v LE with Mountain Lion (purchased from the app store).
Is there a problem with HD 4000 over DisplayPort? I only get a distorted image in the lower part of the screen.
Tonymac says: "Use DVI port"..., but I can't use that because I have an Apple Cinema Display (with DisplayPort only).
Anybody had any success with DisplayPort?

I've found out that, when I see the distorted image, if I disconnect the displayport plug from the computer and then connect it again (hot plug), I get full 2560x1440 resolution HD 4000 with QE/CI.
If anybody finds a better solution, please let us know!
BTW: I'm using a i7 3770K with the P8Z77-v LE.

Can you also choose GraphicsEnabler=No with GTX 5xx cards?

I've found out that, when I see the distorted image, if I disconnect the displayport plug from the computer and then connect it again (hot plug), I get full 2560x1440 resolution HD 4000 with QE/CI.
If anybody finds a better solution, please let us know!
BTW: I'm using a i7 3770K with the P8Z77-v LE.

Found this snippet of info from os86.net.
"VERY IMPORTANT!!! You Must Set the Graphics Memory Size to 96MB or 192MB in your BIOS. If you dont do this your screen will be distorted and it won't work right. "

It was meant for DVI and HDMI outputs but it wouldnt hurt to give it a try.

I say old chap that is a jolly good show you put on there! this here mountain lion fly's tally ho and choc's away....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back