Contribute
Register

Native DSDT/AML IDE & Compiler: MaciASL Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
@SJ_UnderWater:
I've got a feature request.
Can you please add automatic indentation of new code snippets inserted by patches?

Have you got plans to make a bigger patch repository in near future?

I left a flag in the source suggesting that all inserts use the -entab method, and I will strongly consider using it.

As for the repos, the point was that others use the definition in the first post to make their own. I could possibly host a kind of directory on SourceForge, but that is further-on. The only patches I have posted are the most basic, and it will stay that way. RM, for example, has already made his own repo for probooks.

new link with ge.tt. I am working on the IB PM UI (Ivy Bridge Power Management User Interface), but it looks like the cpu_model can be reliably detected with sysctl (0x3A is IB, 0x2D is SB-E, 0x2A is SB).
Great. What is ge.tt? How would i make a repo for the HDMI audio dsdt edits?
Working IP PM SSDT.aml (macmini6,1), Post #1, Attachment, ML: Native Ivy Bridge Power Management

noob question... Where does it saves the compiled file?
Great work btw. I'd suggest you to make it more nice looking such as many apple's software out there.

Bug report:

If iasl produces many messages - about 20 maybe - not all are catched by the output window and a different number is displayed on each compilation process with the same content. The amount in the status bar on the bottom is always correct though.

so some fixes coming soon, including a completely rebuilt process category for NSTask, it should prevent all remaining race conditions with the process ending before standard output has been fully read.
i'm working on entab-ing inserts in a way that won't break existing patches, better integration of the navigator, and the new IB SSDTs, though there is still more work to be done.

if you have a UI request, please make it specific. MaciASL is a document editor, meaning you open and save files wherever you like. It was deliberately kept "open" and isn't necessarily just for hackintoshing.

No version to run on Lion? :(

just for the beta

RM showed me that during the closed beta, and I wasn't interested until toleda told me about the upcoming IB changes which require plugin injection in the SSDT. Before that, the generator was simply a translation of revogirl's script, and the feature was simple. Since then, anyone wanting "real" IB PM will probably require a modified SSDT.

I was originally going to demur on this topic, but it's gathering steam, and a solution is needed. I cannot be responsible for SSDTs, because I'm not an expert. I've tentatively decided to provide "patches" for SSDT generation. My idea is that repo manifests will expand to carry an additional field, the table type. No table type defaults to DSDT (for backwards-compatibility), but "SSDT" types won't be seen in the DSDT patcher. Instead, they will appear in the new SSDT window, carry an additional comment at the beginning with the minimum frequency (something like "#SSDT:MinFreq 800" or 1600), and _possibly_ a power-slope function to customize the states "#SSDT:powerSlope floor(($freq-1)/$maxFreq)*floor(($ratio / $maxRatio) * (((1.1 - (($maxRatio - $ratio) * 0.00625)) / 1.1) ** 2) * $tdp)+floor($maxFreq/$freq)*$tdp". The rest of the patch will operate on an SSDT generated using RevoGirl's template, which I hope will allow full customization, without introducing yet another grammar. The patching grammar isn't sophisticated enough to use math, so the APSS and general structure still has to be generated, but the rest is addressable, I believe. Let me know

RM showed me that during the closed beta, and I wasn't interested until toleda told me about the upcoming IB changes which require plugin injection in the SSDT. Before that, the generator was simply a translation of revogirl's script, and the feature was simple. Since then, anyone wanting "real" IB PM will probably require a modified SSDT.

I was originally going to demur on this topic, but it's gathering steam, and a solution is needed. I cannot be responsible for SSDTs, because I'm not an expert. I've tentatively decided to provide "patches" for SSDT generation. My idea is that repo manifests will expand to carry an additional field, the table type. No table type defaults to DSDT (for backwards-compatibility), but "SSDT" types won't be seen in the DSDT patcher. Instead, they will appear in the new SSDT window, carry an additional comment at the beginning with the minimum frequency (something like "#SSDT:MinFreq 800" or 1000), and _possibly_ a power-slope function to customize the states "#SSDT:powerSlope floor(($ratio / $maxRatio) * (((1.1 - (($maxRatio - $ratio) * 0.00625)) / 1.1) ** 2) * $tdp)". The rest of the patch will operate on an SSDT generated using RevoGirl's template, which I hope will allow full customization, without introducing yet another grammar. The patching grammar isn't sophisticated enough to use math, so the APSS and general structure still has to be generated, but the rest is addressable, I believe. Let me know

Sounds complicated...

Maybe the rest of the community of devs around here can help after you release the source? That is the beauty of open source... all contributions don't need to come from one entity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back