Contribute
Register

Native DSDT/AML IDE & Compiler: MaciASL Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent work mate. will try it out for sure

app now contains the newest iasl 5.0 compiler from 12/20 (4.0 is still the default), and compiler update no longer requires app restart (#212)

app now contains the newest iasl 5.0 compiler from 12/20 (4.0 is still the default), and compiler update no longer requires app restart (#212)

Impressive work!

Thumbs up.

BTW, when do you expect to release the source? Thanks!

i rlly don't feel safe releasing it yet, the potential for disaster is still too big. I'm hoping lots of ppl will test it and post success/failure. once that happens and i have enough successes, i'm happy to post it, i already have the local repo w/ commits.

i rlly don't feel safe releasing it yet, the potential for disaster is still to big. I'm hoping lots of ppl will test it and post success/failure. once that happens and i have enough successes, i'm happy to post it, i already have the local repo w/ commits.

Yes, tough to get a lot of good testing of it, because it is something you will use once and then maybe not again.
Unless, you're actively helping others...

BTW, I posted a sticky in the SSDT forum (you probably saw that) pointing people here. A lot of people are not familiar enough with the bash command line, so even something simple like running "ssdtPRGen.sh" is a barrier so MaciASL is a big help there.

This program is just brilliant. I've been wishing for a robust native ASL editor/IDE for well over a year, personally.

I would very much like to contribute to this project if I am able, or perhaps one of the derivatives (command line is up my alley).

As for preventing disaster/computer horror/data loss/kitten tears and what not, there is the source first, binary later strategy. The lastest build is source only, on the presumption that if we can compile it, we can survive any worst-caste calamity that might occur. That way, bugs get stompted out in the code as well as by testing, and then the binary is built for download, begin the next revision...

Not sure it will really be that big of a improvement over limited testing.

Sorry, I think we're all just eager to tear into that code ;). Anyway, this is really an exciting development and can't wait to see how things progress!

Working on the X86PlatformPlugin for Ivy Bridge power management. The Sandy Bridge SSDT tool will need an update for Ivy Bridge. In particular, APSS settings are required down to 0x00000800. The iMac13,1 SSDT-7 is attached.

Attachments

• SSDT-7.aml.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 158
ok, so i've got it working "down" to 800, and also simplified the pkg code, formatted to 8 digits, etc. But you're saying only IB is 800, SB is 1000? In that case I need to detect that and allow an override like the other parameters.

IB SSDT

ok, so i've got it working "down" to 800, and also simplified the pkg code, formatted to 8 digits, etc. But you're saying only IB is 800, SB is 1000? In that case I need to detect that and allow an override like the other parameters.
Yes. Something changed in the formula for frequency and power.
MaciASL (212)/Tools/Make SSDT
Package (0x06)
{
0x0640,
0x00005D40,
0x0A,
0x0A,
0x1000,
0x1000
}

IB SSDT Attachment:
Package (0x06)