Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 6.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 6.2 Update

Yes I got this and my system would not boot afterwards, see my previous post...
Me again, I got the popups "Driver not verified" went ahead anyway and got a kernel panic on reboot. I had to boot in safe mode (-x) delete the directory /S/L/E/FakeSMC.kext and reinstall FakeSMC and plugins from MB 6.0.1. Not going to upgrade for a while until driver signature problems are resolved.

Hi there,

It seems that there is a problem with FakeSMC and Fake FakeSMC Plugins driver signings, they would not load properly into the kernel and my machine was not booting. I had to reverse to the MultiBeast 6.0.1 versions (Os X 10.9.2) to avoid a kernel panic!
My mobo is a GA-EP45-UD3P quite old I know!

You're not the only one having trouble. The same thing happened on my GA-B85M-D3H. I could load FakeSMC 6.0.xxx okay by itself but the 6.0.xxx plugins prevented the system from booting. Like you I reverted back to FakeSMC 5.3.820 and plugins and everything is fine.

Tom

does any success with ALC889 in Multibeast 6.2.1 Mavericks 10.9.2?

Z77 UD5H IB with SB 2600k did a clean install with Unibeast, made fresh DSDT for HDMi audio, used Mac dustbin sys def, didn't install Fake SMC sensors or HWmonitor after reading comments here, running better than ever, no hiccups at all.

Yes I got this and my system would not boot afterwards, see my previous post...

Hi all ! my first post. I reinstalled with multibeast 6.1 using the same settings as before (recommended multi beast settings for GA-X79S-UP5) but this wasn't enough to fix the problem. Then I changed my multibeast network setting from (Realtek 81xx Ethernet controllers) to Intel hnak's, I also included EvOreboot and everything works fine now. I hope this helps.

I use the same motherboard, and I just updated to 10.9.2 (from 10.9) and used this new Multibeast to restore drivers and kexts, including ALC-898 driver. So far haven't had any crashes, but when I sleep the machine, after it wakes up I have no audio -- I have to reboot to get it. I'm adding this as another data point.

I have the same data point here with ALC-892 on the GA-B85M-D3H. No sound when it wakes from sleep. I had to roll back to the driver in MB 6.1 to get sound to work properly when waking from sleep.

Tom

If you don't have an X79/C60x motherboard and a Sandy/Ivy-E CPU why would you even attempt it ?
It wouldn't be of any benefit. Could mess your system up as well.
I agree.
I am not an expert but have been using these great tools now for a few years. If your system is working adequately after an OSX update and reinstalling drivers/kexts (usually audio and/or network) with the current Mutilbeast it is generally not wise to change things with a newer version of Multibeast. If you enjoy hours of tweaking, rebooting and ultimately restoring from a system back-up then knock yourself out.

Tonymac,

The previous incarnation of HWMonitor (MB 6.1) reported one of my SSD drive's remaining life at 95%. The latest HWMonitor version, 6.0.1146, shows 81%. Given no change except the 6.2.1 update, why such a major difference?

Hi, does not work with realtek ALC887 hdmi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back