Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 6.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 6.2 Update

When I updated to OS X 10.9.2 my system would crash, every single time, within a minute or two of initiating audio playback (and only when initiating audio playback, as far as I could tell). I suspected that there was an issue with the Realtek ALC898 Audio Driver, and I noticed that this driver had been updated for 10.9.2, but only the DSDT version, which I'm not using on my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H.

I ended up restoring to 10.9.1 with Time Machine because my Hackintosh was essentially unusable on 10.9.2

Should this new Multibeast update rectify the stability issues I have been having?

I have the same mobo and 10.9.2 using audio drivers from multibeast 6.1 and I have no audio issues whatsoever. I'd suspect something else is wrong with your system.

Help, please: Just updated my customac pro (October 2013 specs - GA-Z87X-UD5H) to 10.9.2. Audio was not working. I installed the recent Multibeast, tried to install the ALC898 audio driver, but computer froze. When restarted I get grey error screen.

After upgrade to 6.2 MB APP STORE "Unable to verify your computer or device. Contact Support for assistance."
PLEASE HELP
I have the same problem with the app store I have not tried the new multiBeast 6.2 yet but I am going to try it tonight, other than the app store Unable to verify your computer or device message, my system is working good. I have a Giggbytes UD5H board. I f you get any new info please post I will do the same thanks.I though it was something that I had done rong while setting up Maverick 10.9.2 that was causing the issue.

It sounds like I'm best to hold off on updating to 10.9.2 and MultiBeast 6.2 until some remaining issues are worked out.

I'm running MacPro 6,1 and the only issue I had when booting is this error and system freeze:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPower Management) timed out

After removing ACPISensors from the /S/L/E/FakeSMC../Plugins folder, system boots fine.
System is stable and after some heavy After Effects and Premiere today, it still runs without any problem.

But I really want to know if I can expect some trouble after removing the ACPISensors.kext or if there is a better option to resolve the ACPI_SMC error.

Anyone else get pop ups when installing with multibeast 6.2.1 saying " not a verified developer" or words to that effect?
Yes I got this and my system would not boot afterwards, see my previous post...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back