Contribute
Register

Mr Eddy's Photo Station - GA-Z77X-UD5H | i7-3770k | MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr

Status
Not open for further replies.
...What you may not know is that [Chimera 2.0] also fixed eSATA on GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard. In fact, it didn't fix it, since this was perfectly working on my original installation. But by using another boot loader (Chameleon r2171) for some reason, I wasn't able to hot plug eSATA disks anymore. And eSATA's speed is very useful when you have loads of RAW photos and other files to backup on a regular basis ! :thumbup:
I'm confused. Are you saying eSATA was working pre Chimera 2.0, and now it's not working? Or...?

If it stopped working for you, did you report/post the problem in the UniBeast Bug Reports forum section? http://www.tonymacx86.com/chimera-bug-reports/

I may have not been clear enough.

I first installed my hack as mentioned in my OP, and evrything was okay.
Then to fix iMessage I had to use Chameleon r2171 bootloader, which made my rear eSATA unusable (never tried the onboard eSATA)
And now with Chimera 2.0, it's working again.

So nothing to report ! But if other builders was having this issue using Chameleon r2171, they will now why and how to get it back to normal.

Hello, first of all, great guide! Thank you for taking the time to make this.

Second, what are the components that change the optimized settings either in BIOS or the Multibeast installation process?

This is because I am planning to build a hackintosh with the same CPU, Motherboard, and GPU Chipset. Does RAM, SSD and PSU matter in any multibeast settings? (I will be buying a Samsung 840 Pro SSD for the boot os and a 1tb hard drive for file overflow.) Also, since I will be getting an EVGA GTX 660 will there be any difference in the GPU Multibeast installation settings/process?

Also, what are the features in the OSX that do not work? I am not planning to be overclocking, so it seems like sleep and audio are not an issue. Anything else that I should be aware of?

Hi,

Happy to read that you find it helpful :)

RAM and SSD doesn't matter at all in multibeast settings, don't worry.

For PSU, EVGA GTX 660 will have the same install process than my MSI GTX 660. It's still nVidia anyway.

I don't have any issue at the moment, this is actually my best computer ever (and I had a lot, including PC & Macs). I couldn't wish better !

The only thing that I would like to have is audio via HDMI, but this is something quit long to set up.... Anyway, this "problem" is the same, whatever build you make, so it's not relevant here.

Hope this helps !

Have a nice day.
Eddy

Is there a fix for HDMI sound? I was planning on wiring my computer to a large T.V using an HDMI Cable (as a possible 2nd screen).

That's for intel hd 4000. Would I run the first multibeast setup, then HDMI sound fix, then gtx 660 multibeast install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back