Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mountain Lion: MultiBeat - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting

No Sound from speakers will test headphones in a minute but here is a ioreg update and screens.
I can see in IOReg the internal speakers are active. IOReg can't tell me if there is sound. There is no change in the behavior of your system.

Thanks for your reply.

Even after modding the AppleHDA.kext file like you suggested still no sound from either internal speakers or headphones. So its back to the drawing board. So it seems for now the issue has defeated me. I looked at the Guide link you posted but it seems it never got completed so i can't even give 10.7.4's applehda.kext a try.

Thanks for your help.

I looked at the Guide link you posted but it seems it never got completed so i can't even give 10.7.4's applehda.kext a try.
What is there is still current; file locations and file names may have changed but the data is the same and the method works. Layouts and pathmaps are missing but AppleHDA.kext does not load if those files have errors.

Thanks again Toleda !!!
I saw the new post for audio on main page.
Someone had the 888s working.

You helped me get HDMI audio working first.
In the past I had tried the 887 as somewhere in various threads it was said 888s was a rebranded 887.
I noticed in new announcement that 888 was used. (MB 5.1)
On my Foxconn H67s I tried again.
This time I used legacy with DSDT for 888 and it worked.
The headphone and mike in front panel do not work.
The speaker and mike in rear work.
This is Apevia square case; it does not have AC97 and separate HDA for front panel like Apex M 008.
In loaded kexts the only plugins from HDA kext that show up are :
Apple HDA controller , DSP func lib, and IOhda family.

I have included output from About This Mac/Devices (the Intel High Definition shows only jacks )
The output from Sys Info Kexts & Devices (olario ) is included.

Also IOREG and DSDT.aml

You have been a great help !
My sound knowledge was atrophied as the last sound chip I did programming with was on a Commodore 64.
I am OK till next update,although my guess is that will be straight forward as Apple seems to have done a lot of revisions in audio to mesh with other devices.

Attachments

• audio about this mac.tiff
    151.7 KB · Views: 224
  • kext info.tiff
    411.2 KB · Views: 205
  • devices.tiff
    189.5 KB · Views: 195
  • dsdt.aml.zip
    14.5 KB · Views: 147
  • marshall’s Mac Pro.zip
    531.1 KB · Views: 155

OMG...it did worked when plugged in the fron pink one, thank you very much ...haha , btw is there any way to enable the rear pink jack?

The headphone and mike in front panel do not work.
The speaker and mike in rear work.

I have included output from About This Mac/Devices (the Intel High Definition shows only jacks )
I need to see Intel High Definition because the jacks matter.

What happens to System Preferences/Sound/Output/Internal Speakers when you plug in your headphones?

Everything is correct; likely a front panel problem.

OMG...it did worked when plugged in the fron pink one, thank you very much ...haha , btw is there any way to enable the rear pink jack?
Use Audio ID 1, only output is green jack on motherboard. inputs are pink and blue on motherboard.

Even after modding the AppleHDA.kext file like you suggested still no sound from either internal speakers or headphones.
I have another experiment I'd like you to try. In looking at your files again, there could be an opportunity with Node 23, the Grey Line Out. If you are on the 10.7.4 AppleHDA.kext, apply the 6. Add Line Out (Gray/Rear -Rear Speakers) for analog 7.1 Surround Sound edits from Customizing the Optimized Lion AppleHDA.kext. When you restart, select the third SysPrefs/Sound/Output/Line Out and verify sound.

OK good news i now have sound on ML. It now has sound thru the speakers at last.

I used the VERB dump from windows

Code:
<F01C1701D1711101E17011711101127011F4120401C019D0710A31E279F971121F1C4701D4711401E47014711402157011F0150F01C011D1710111E571F47115F01C6701D1711601E67011711601177011F4170141C010D2710011E77011F771>

The Sound is clear as well the next bit is to find how to enable the microphone and correct the rest of the ports.

Would you be able to help me on that front. The first Internal Speaker bit works the other two doesn't also audio jack detect is not working either.

But this is a start.

Here is a link: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0NxqdwSY7sRWjRaRHpfM2ptTkE

If you could help me get the other ports sorted i would be grateful.

Then the next stage is to get the DSDT sorted with HDEF Edits and HDMI Edits as well.

Thanks for your help and pointing me in right direction so far.

Will see if adding the 012 Verb config into the working applehda i just made will get the rest activated no so sure but worth a try.

Would you be able to help me on that front. The first Internal Speaker bit works the other two doesn't also audio jack detect is not working either.

Here is a link
I can see the list of files but I cannot open or download any file. Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back