Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion is now available for purchase from the Mac App store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the suggestions, all.

Let me just say: thank the gods for spare parts!

I tried every boot flag combination I could think of (-x -v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0) all to no avail. About to give up hope, I remembered that I had an old NVIDIA 8400GS in an old desktop I was preparing to sell. It had been the graphics card in a much older Hackintosh build, so I hoped it would still work for the ML installer.

Lo and behold, it worked like a charm. After the initial installation completed (at the part where it will restart automagically after X seconds), I powered off the system and swapped in the Radeon 6870. Crossing my fingers, I booted the system expecting a kernel panic of some kind. But it worked! Full graphics acceleration support and no kext hacking. I used the latest Multibeast and User DSDT and it works beautifully.

I guess the problem only exists at the initial install screen. If you can use an older (or just different) graphics card to kick off the install, the 6870 works fine after that.

Also of note: I made sure to get ML running on my Hackintosh before I installed it on my work-provided MacBook Pro. Priorities!

:p

Has anyone confirmed that HD Intel 4000 is native on ML?

Can't wait to see the new recommended hardware and customac builds!!!
To rethink again all my configuration. :)

Thank you Tony!
Your guide and your tools worked fine on my system.

Works GREAT on B75M-D3H REV 1.0 , MSI 560 Ti HAWK , i3 2100

GEEK BENCH : 7433 , Cinebench 43 FPS :D :D

Thanks Tony and Macman :) <3 <3

How is everyone liking it? All your apps working?

What about NVIDIA Optimus switching support?

Use the guide- you must not have missed the part about not installing the App itself. You have to use UniBeast to prepare a USB drive. :thumbup:

Thank you very much!
I am stupid.

Thank you for the heads up!!!

Just got done with the upgrade. Ran into the same problem that you did with the 6870 graphics card. I Pop it out and use the onboard HDMI port on the motherboard which is a Z68XP-UD3. I did have to run the extra command PCIRootUID=0 To finally get it to work. Once again thank you for saving me hours of frustration!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back