Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, still having trouble booting with Multibeast.... I use the same settings plus the gtx 670 fix to no avail. Removed the GTX 670 and still not working.

Installs great now with new version of Unibeast and I can now see all the icons on the dock. Boots and runs fine when using the usb to boot but as soon as I use Multibeast the screen goes white after the initial apple with the wheel. Seems like the i5 2500k is having a big difference with Multibeast.. :(

Tried using the Sandy Bridge Core i5 SSDT option to no avail... Just getting a white screen when trying to boot now... :(

Any suggestions on what I can do? I don't mind booting from usb all the time but would like to be able to boot normally.

Try booting with -v and check if there is any error message causing the white screen.
May be you can also try resetting the bios setting and just change the SATA mode to AHCI leaving everything in default settings.

Try booting with -v and check if there is any error message causing the white screen.
May be you can also try resetting the bios setting and just change the SATA mode to AHCI leaving everything in default settings.
I am having same issue. I have this same board as you but using 2500k cpu. I followed your guide to a t with multibeast and it will not boot on its own without usb. Has anyone found a solution for this ? Thanks

Cheers, will do and post results. Already resorted to default settings with bios.

@Moarfish's

I really like your hackintosh...

I didn't go on to the pages here but I just want to ask if everything is working on this machine, via hardware and software/apps, 100% now?

Sorry to ask this question here but maybe u can answer it or for everyone...but how do you do the updates on a hackintosh?

thanks again...

@Moarfish's

I really like your hackintosh...

I didn't go on to the pages here but I just want to ask if everything is working on this machine, via hardware and software/apps, 100% now?

Sorry to ask this question here but maybe u can answer it or for everyone...but how do you do the updates on a hackintosh?

thanks again...

Some users report issue when using 2500K CPU.
If you are going for Ivy Bridge CPU like Core i5 3570K or Core i7 3770K, it should be fine.
It works almost 99.5% as the only problem I am now facing is the Mute button on the keyboard do not work. The mute on screen display does show up but the sound is still playing. I have to switch the speaker off or press the volume all the way down from the keyboard at the moment. All software, Apps etc are working. App Store, iCloud also work. If you need AirPlay Mirror, you need to change your SMBIOS from MacPro 3,1 to iMac12,2 or something like that.

Update usually take these steps:
Download Combo Updater in Apple Web site. (Usually a link will be provided by Tony in the home page of this web site)
Install the Combo Update.
Do not restart yet.
Open Multibeast.
Re-install Sound driver.
Reboot. Done.

@Moarfish

Thank you for your reply and for the steps.

:) Christian.

I am having same issue. I have this same board as you but using 2500k cpu. I followed your guide to a t with multibeast and it will not boot on its own without usb. Has anyone found a solution for this ? Thanks

It looks like some people with B75 chips board have some issue with HD3000 when I read the Mountain Lion Desktop Support section of this forum. Did you try to disable on board graphics?

It looks like some people with B75 chips board have some issue with HD3000 when I read the Mountain Lion Desktop Support section of this forum. Did you try to disable on board graphics?

I did not have a graphics card in this system so I could not disable it. I just gave up and installed windows 7 on it. It was for my cousin anyhow. I have my hackintosh working perfect. I dont think I will be trying anymore for anyone. Thanks anyhow

I'm not going to sleep well... as I am currently planning the recommended B75 with a core i3-2125 HD3000....
If too much problem with the HD3000, a quick solution can be a GPU? (even a cheap "normal" one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back