Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the guide! It helped me with my build with the same motherboard, but with a GTX670. Works great. I have the same problem with the mute not working and I am also having an issue getting external drives to be recognised when plugged into the USB3 ports. USB2 works fine. Keyboard and mouse work fine in the USB3 ports. USB3 ports appear in the system information exactly the same as yours, however I can't get a USB2 external drive to mount! Any ideas?

Thanks.

Covert

Okay. Completed 2 builds with this motherboard.

Running Lion: Pentium G620, Nvidia 8600GT, 4GB RAM, 80GB Seagate Hard Drive. Tried installing Mountain Lion on this. Couldn't see all the icons on the dock and couldn't boot with Multibeast. I've rolled back to Lion as it's my mother's computer so I can't be mucking about with it all the time. Lion is working 100% perfectly.

Running Mountain Lion: i5 2500k, Palit Nvidia GTX670, 8GB RAM, 120GB Corsair Sandforce SSD. Again, missing icons on dock and I'm getting a kernel panic with Multibeast using the same setting as described with OP. Currently booting with the USB and it's working 100% fine apart from the icon issue on dock.

I couldn't use the Disk Utility to partition hard drive with Mountain Lion installer, had to use Lion installer to use disk utility. Had to remove GTX 670 for installer to work.

Downloaded Mountain Lion twice but used same usb stick for every install so far. I might try installing with a different USB stick next time. I think I'm going to wait until the Mountain Lion version of MultiBeast is released before I try again.

Geekbench (32 bit) is 8532.

Thanks Moarfish for the advice! I now have internal drive icons :)
I have also updated my build with a Firewire card on the PCI bus (it was on blowout sale) and I built the roll-you-own Airport Extreme PCIe card with a Mini-PCIe adaptor and a Atheros WiFi card.

By the way, did you ever get HDMI working?

Look at #38 of this post
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/60010-official-hd-4000-support-4.html

Somebody have it solved by EFI string injection.
Both HDMI and DVI works.

Thanks for the guide! It helped me with my build with the same motherboard, but with a GTX670. Works great. I have the same problem with the mute not working and I am also having an issue getting external drives to be recognised when plugged into the USB3 ports. USB2 works fine. Keyboard and mouse work fine in the USB3 ports. USB3 ports appear in the system information exactly the same as yours, however I can't get a USB2 external drive to mount! Any ideas?

Thanks.

Covert

I did not test with USB External Drive. However, my USB 3.0 Thumbdrive is working perfectly and it is running at 5GB/S linkspeed meaning USB 3.0 is working very well.

0TuMY.png

thank you Moarfish. I am planning to use the same mainboard und CPU. Are you planning to try the new MultiBeast 5.0.x. I would like to see a screenshot with the settings you are useing :thumbup:

thank you Moarfish. I am planning to use the same mainboard und CPU. Are you planning to try the new MultiBeast 5.0.x. I would like to see a screenshot with the settings you are useing :thumbup:

Ok, I will update my build info with the new Multibeast 5.0.2 Screen shot. It should be more or less the same.

For Multibeast 5.0.2 Mountain Lion
hE11d.png

I did not try it on the system yet but the settings should be like that.
Please report back if the new Multibeast solved the mute problem of the Audio. Thank you.

For Multibeast 5.0.2 Mountain Lion
http://i.imgur.com/hE11d.png

I did not try it on the system yet but the settings should be like that.
Please report back if the new Multibeast solved the mute problem of the Audio. Thank you.

Thank you. I'm planning to buy this mobo soon. I'll report back then :)

I used your guide for GA-B75M-D3H with an i7 3770k.

Works! this is an easy, straightforward build.

usb3 is full speed, sleep and restart.

I installed with HD4000 and added an nvidia GTX 560 ti later with multibeast for mountain lion.

thanks moarfish!

Well, still having trouble booting with Multibeast.... I use the same settings plus the gtx 670 fix to no avail. Removed the GTX 670 and still not working.

Installs great now with new version of Unibeast and I can now see all the icons on the dock. Boots and runs fine when using the usb to boot but as soon as I use Multibeast the screen goes white after the initial apple with the wheel. Seems like the i5 2500k is having a big difference with Multibeast.. :(

Tried using the Sandy Bridge Core i5 SSDT option to no avail... Just getting a white screen when trying to boot now... :(

Any suggestions on what I can do? I don't mind booting from usb all the time but would like to be able to boot normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back