Contribute
Register

Mac Pro mod, Worklog

Status
Not open for further replies.
titsmgee said:
So the H100 would not reach to the front of the case? Kind of a drag.

Well yes and no, the water tubes is long enough but the radiator is to tall, its 2cm to high.

the way i mad it fit was monting the cosair fans in the front where the fans normal is and on the back i sad the old fans housing i have removed the fan blads so i use them as a tunnel then i monthede the radiator on.

I only have room for one 3.5" disk now but it cool since i have an 2.5" SSD

Picture of the hight problem.
6808169019_9183381255_b.jpg

Looks very nice, I'm in the process of doing similar but trying to keep all 4 HDD slots and using an H80.

Just waiting for the motherboard tray to turn up currently, then going to start cutting.

tom.humphrey said:
Looks very nice, I'm in the process of doing similar but trying to keep all 4 HDD slots and using an H80.

Just waiting for the motherboard tray to turn up currently, then going to start cutting.

I had an h50 in my old g5 mod but it starede to leak so bought the h100, I think there is room for the h60 on the 120mm fan in the back, it was my plan to mount my h50 there.

Only way to use all 4 disk is to go none-full-atx, but it's not a problem here I have all my data on my server

Mines combined internal/server so still want to keep the 4 bays. I'm planning to extend the bottom of the case giving me the room for a full atx board (plan anyway) just waiting for motherboard tray to turn up.

The motherboard is going to stick out 2-4cm if you what to use all 4 trays, then it almost

I had to cut out a pice of the top shelfs to make my motherboard fit and there is only 5mm of free space left

Great build man, I love the mac tower. My next customac I'm going to try this modification instead of using another brands case. I do want a infrared sensor for the Apple remote though.

Good job. Very nice! :thumbup: :clap:

got front panel working ? i try still get no power for usb , nice build how much did you paid video card what model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back