Contribute
Register

Mac Pro (late 2013) replica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best build ever :headbang:

The only thing I'm a bit worried about it the chipset temperature, is that accurate? With those two fans I'm a bit surprised the airflow isn't better than it is, maybe it's because of the mesh on the backside? If it's sucking in air through that mesh it will probably just give airflow from the backside to the top, not all the way from the bottom - covering up the backside more might give a lot lower chipset temperatures.

Anyway, great idea and great implementation, 10/10 :D

Most chipsets have an upper limit (where it might start to crash and similar) at around 90 degrees, and normal operating temperature 20-60 maybe. Considering how low the other temperatures in the case are I'm thinking the chipset temperature might just be a sensor error. Anyway, as long as the rig works fine, just go with it :cool:

It should've been painted black, but still, great build!

Great build idea!! :)

The ingenuity that has gone in to everything deserves praise.

I think if the builder considered a compact water-cooling set-up such as Corsair or Antec those fearsome temperatures may be helped.
That might be a wrong/error reading though. The reading is in degrees celsius, so 127 deg is well above the boiling point of water, which shouldn't be the case here. And notice the reading is for the chipset.

Most chipsets have an upper limit (where it might start to crash and similar) at around 90 degrees, and normal operating temperature 20-60 maybe. Considering how low the other temperatures in the case are I'm thinking the chipset temperature might just be a sensor error. Anyway, as long as the rig works fine, just go with it :cool:
Agrees. UPVOTE. lol.

Thanks, yeah I already have been in contact with a lawyer (free consultation at my university) and he said the same. Unfortunetly the admin is really difficult to talk to…
Thanks for the support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back