Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Laptops)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacMan

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING - 2606 - UEFI
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Mac-OS-X-10-6-2-Release-Imminent-Required-for-Full-Magic-Mouse-Support-2.jpg

tonymacx86 Blog: Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/02/ ... pdate.html

General Update Tips:
1. Backup Backup Backup
2. If you can't boot, boot from UniBeast or rBoot
3. If you lose audio, use MultiBeast to install AppleHDA Rollback

Update Your Mac OS X Lion App to 10.7.3 [QuickTip]
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/02/ ... -1073.html

This thread is for Laptop users to discuss their update procedures and results. Good luck!

Good luck!

Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

i'm installing right now on i5 2410M, Radeon, 8GB

got my probook monday and installed lion yesterday so nothing to loos

can't boot to OSX anyway cuz did triple boot OSX,Win7, Ubuntu and booting with UniBeast and looking for boot solution, did run HP installer few times

The 4530s guys need to hold off for a minute lol. It does require some patching.

If you looks, its appleintelcpupm.... its not patched which is required.

shibirian said:
blueking said:
Yup, and the Realtek-kext causes the panic within the AppleIntelPowerManagement. So the ethernet kext needs a patch.

For some reason the ethernet kext causes random panics on the 4530s but usually only on 1 boot, we had to replace powermanagement kext when we upgraded to 10.7.2 also

Re: Mac OS X 10.7.3 Update - The Official Thread

shibirian said:
blueking said:
Yup, and the Realtek-kext causes the panic within the AppleIntelPowerManagement. So the ethernet kext needs a patch.

I see what you mean haha.

But its not.

Its just that the kext happened to hop in the KP while it was printing I believe.

The 4530s users are waiting on the speed stepper to be updated to patch appleintelcpupm.

We have core i3's 2310m for the most part, is there any way to patch a DSDT so that we can use the native appleintelcpupm?

Ok, so I tried to jump on the update bandwagon based on the successes listed in the other thread, and of course I got the RTL-based panic (4530s i3 based).

I did run through a Time Machine backup prior to running the update. However, after I booted from my uniboot-made USB drive and restored the Time Machine backup, on reboot I get a nasty black screen complaining about GPT boot fail.

What's the best way to get that TM backup restored? (Long time Mac user, 1st time Hackintosher)

(After some reading, would this be the proper steps to fix? Boot the unibeast install media, choose "Lion" rather than the USB drive, then re-run the Multi-beast stuff to repair? I'm thinking this may be a Chimera-not-present issue...? Anyone?)

I have succesfully updated to Lion 10.7.3 but i need a new mach_kernel for my CPU (Intel Core i3-350m, now i boot with cpus=1) and if is possible a driver for Intel HD Graphics.
Thanks in advance!
giofrida

I downloaded client update. After update I deleted AppleHDA and replaced patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment with original one. Everything works as it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back