Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Note to people using a DSDT*

After installing 10.7.2 to my system, I couldn't boot into it anymore, despite trying the combo update. I installed 10.7 to another partition and fired up MB. I tried just about everything, and then I thought I'd try re-installing my DSDT. Next thing I know, it booted.

In short, if you use a DSDT, you might wanna reinstall it after you run the combo update. I never had to do this, so this confused me for awhile.

downloaded update combo. installed. ran MultiBeast as directed, got error on MB install. rebooted anyway. got kernel panic. rebooted again. ALL IS WELL in MudVille.

The update made it really hard to boot, I'm still having issues here. Does anybody have the gtx 580 kexts updated to this new version 11c74 please? My graphic card is not working the way it was, it's not recognized anymore :/

After changing my serial using Chameleon Wizard, I now have iCloud working, and with no iOS device in hand, at least until Friday :p

Thanks for the tips guys!

All is good, had to rollback audio twice. Odd.

Not sure if this was a 10.7.2 problem, or a problem that I caused in fixing iCloud (which I finally got working, btw)... But for whatever reason, my second monitor has stopped working. Lion detects that there's a second monitor plugged in (via DVI) but it refuses to display anything on it. My primary monitor (via HDMI) works perfectly fine. I'm using a Gigabyte Radeon HD 6670, 1gb with the correct framebuffer and AtiPorts=3 in my boot.plist.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mostly a piece of cake ....

the mbp installed with no probs ... obviously.

the hack ... installed just fine
had to use pacifist and kext wizard and reinstall

a.) audio
b.) nvidia kext and bundle for the gtx580
c.) usb rollback

everything seems to be working well ... still won't shut down or restart but I didn't expect it to.

R.

Had to rerun Multibeast twice for some reason to get HDArollback installed. After that all seems well.

Downloaded the combo update and installed it rebooted and everything worked except iCloud. I updated my late 2007 white macbook signed into iCloud on it first then signed onto my desktop and it worked fine. I haven't applied the audio rollback as I am now using a Lexicon Lambda for audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back