Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.3 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to 10.6.3 and installed the 10.6.2 IOUSBFamily.kext but USB is not working. :( I can access the Snow Leopard drive from windows if I need to install a kext.(via MacDrive 8)

Any ideas? :banghead:

Finally made the move over to 10.6.3 this evening using a spare HDD to do a dry run first.

Iboot, 10.6.0 SL install disk, rebooted with Iboot

opened multibeast, ran 10.6.3 combo update

Swapped to multibeast and chose: Gigabeast option for the P55M-UD4, System utilities

restarted after those and booted from HDD

removed the Jmicron kexts from Extra/Extensions (I don't have the non-intel ports enabled anyway)

back into Multibeast again for the iMac 11,1 Core i7 smbios.plist and rebuilt caches and permissions

Ran software update took the 8 available downloads

reboot and done :)

orange drive icons aside is all fine and hunky-dorey (I know there's fixes for them but they don't bother me so have left alone).

Is it safe now to update to 10.6.3?
(coz the first post says "don't apply if u don't wanna test")

btw I don't know where to post the following question:

I want to install FCP studio 7, but it fails before the end of the process
I tried to install prokit 5.1, I couldn't but the 5.0 worked tho

Any explanation about FCP not installing?

Thx

ALF said:
Any explanation about FCP not installing?

I went with a selective install (i.e. stuff on main disc only - all the apps but no samples or templates) then ProKit 5.1 and the other Pro update that takes FCP to 7.02 from software update. Installed without a hitch

double.jpg

adamsmasher said:
@snorkelman Do you have two monitors?

indeedy :) GTX260 (twin DVI out) to a pair of LG E2350s

All works swimmingly (I'm actually tempted to try and shoehorn the 9500GT back in and run a 19" in portrait orientation alongside those for PDfs and documents as theres just enough room left on my desk lol)

hi there,

I just updated from 10.6.2 to 10.6.3, as expected the USB didn't work but I was able to fix that with Tony's modified USBFamily.kext. Now the problem is the audio, I followed Tony's instruction, removed the LegacyHDA.kext from /Extra and installed VoodooHDA.kext(both two version) from MultiBoot. But with the earlier version of VoodooHDA.kext, I still got no sound, with the second version of VoodooHDA.kext, I got kernel panic. I am using GA-P55A-UD3R-F7. Can someone shed some light on it and that would be much appreciate.

Chris

Does the UD3R-F7 not have an edited DSDT.aml?

If it does - all you should have to do is remove the 10.6.3 AppleHDA.kext and insert the old 10.6.2 then run System Utilities to rebuild the caches. Reboot and you should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back