Contribute
Register

Mac App Store and iTunes Don't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
To anyone looking for a solution to this I've cracked it with the help of the forum

Just navigate to the root of your installation drive then go to:

Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

and delete: NetworkInterfaces.plist

(and make a secure copy somewhere else if you are sceptical!).

Reboot

Should be working now.

This worked like a charm-Thank you very much

thank you sou muchhhhhhhh thanks for.,., all hehe :headbang::D:clap: its working for me no say error again

To anyone looking for a solution to this I've cracked it with the help of the forum

Just navigate to the root of your installation drive then go to:

Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/

and delete: NetworkInterfaces.plist

(and make a secure copy somewhere else if you are sceptical!).

Reboot

Should be working now.

Worked Perfectly!

Thank you! it worked. :clap:

Worked for me as well!

Great to know this site is better then Apple's official support section lol

I should have searched on tonymacx86 first before going through all the posts on Apple discussions. This works great! Thank you!

I had "error -50" and "5002" in iTunes after changing from the internal NIC to an external Apple USB Gigabit ethernet - deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist fixed this on Yosemite*.

Thanks.

* PS yes I'm doing my bit to promote this thread in Google :)

As of 2016, using El Capitan, this still fixed the issue for me. I don't know what started the issue (I did a case upgrade this weekend but put everything back as it was before, except for bumping my RAM speed) but deleting the NetworkInterfaces.plist + Reboot fixed it.

Likely due to the BSD interface name problem that has been around for ages. Apple requires the BSD name to be en0. I'll bet if you look at the non-working NetworkInterfaces.plist, you'll find the BSD name was en1 or something else instead of en0. Deleting the plist makes the system recreate it on boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back