Contribute
Register

List of ALL Intel Core i3/i5/i7 Processors w/busratios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I know this is stretching the bounds, but I purchased a Biostar TH55B (Corsair DDR3 4GB, I5-661, WD 500GB SATA), which has a busratio=25. In minutes I'm retrying the install because the IBoot, tonymac86, or Empire EFI CD's could not see the Mac formatted drives ,when i used the wrong bus ratio(without read the forums fully), on a usb key(Sony 16GGB) partitioned to 8GB's or the 500GB drive(Would try to boot if set, but hangs which indicates MB see's drive and boot code is trying to start).
When that completed, I pressed restart and the system shutdown, rebooted with no hang. I copied the usb key partition,with Disk Utility, to the WD HDD and rebooted to see if that drive was detected, neither the usb key that is plugged in or SATA WD HDD show on the screen. Curiously, I was wonder why the 500GB NTFS drive is visible but not the 500GB HFS drive? In addition, the 80GB Ubuntu drive is not detected by any of the boot cd's I've tested across several Intel processor's.
Well, the answer is I guess is speed, because as I was writing this message the system finished and rebooted and the iBoot CD saw the disk. The OS is live and kicking ass, now to complete the setup and see what is working. Ok Multibeast is next.

Huston, we have lift-off!!! (Network and Video are still not fully functional posting.php?mode=edit&f=3&p=11490#)

I had issues, with the MultiBeast installer crashing which required a forced quit. I need to put the busratio=25 in the plist or it has isssues booting. Hopefully after rebuilding the the cache's the network will come back(It worked before the 10.6.3 update, which is how I installed 10.6.3 in the first place). I do have to set busratio=25 in boot plist file before the systems boots up without intervention.

More issues where I made mistakes in re-applying the 10.6.3 and Multibeast caused the installation to become none responsive, therefore a complete re-install was in order and a note to determine which kext is getting updated that adversely affects the network card.

[Update]: With the addition of the PNY graphics card the system seem functional, but the processor still reports as unknown. I would love to know how to fix this as my system is seen as a PowerPC when I try to install silverlight.

I am using i5-430m and busratio=17 didn't work for me. 18, 19, and 20 will work.

Hi i have Dell Inspiron 1564, Core i 5 430M, 3Gb, 320Gb HD, ATI Radeon 4330 and
i need to instal mac os on it can u help me in details because i'm new in this
many thankssssssssss :think: :think:

i installed on a gateway nv 59 with all intel (i3,gma hd,etc). the processor is a i3 330m, the busratio i used was 20. :D

Tony,
I've followed your directions on the system listed in my profile with no success. I tried the EFI Empire boot iso and got a successful install, but after that when i try to use it ar on of your iso to boot into the new OS X installation, I get a KP. Any guidance on how to proceed? I have 0 experience with this but am willing to learn all it takes to make this work. Thanks!

What's the busratio of i5 760 and i7 875k?

iDon't said:
What's the busratio of i5 760 and i7 875k?
You don't need that when using iBoot Supported and upgrade 10.6.4.

I still cant get past the chameleon boot screen.
I've follow the iboot+multibeast guide...no worky.
i've have success installation on my notebook Acer 3820TG with core i5 430m, ATI 5650m.
but my Desktop with GA-P55-UD3R with Core i5 750 and ATI 5850 fails after chameleon boot selection screen.
I've tried busratio=16,17,18,19,20 etc with -x ... NADA
The system restarts and hangs with CPU Fan going crazy MAX rpm!
Only a hard power reset was an option.

Anybody else have this issue?

any help would be appreciated!

Spec again:
Gigabyte P55-UD3r (BIOS optimized default, HPET 64bit, AHCI)
Intel Core i5 750 (Stock setting...NON-OC)
ASUS Radeon 5850 1GB (referernce design)

OMG ... after months of failure, turns out the culprit was not CPU related.

setting GraphicsEnabler=No saved the day!!! it was ATI 5850 fan that went berserk and not the cpu fan.

I had to install using another Snow Leopard running machine and used the OSinstall.mpkg method.
Retail 10.6.3 DVD > updated to 10.6.4 Combo > multibeast > UserDSDT from Database
ATY Vervet + SnowLeopard Graphics Update
Legacy888 + 10.6.2 AppleHDA rollback
changed GraphicsEnabler=No in com.apple.Boot.plist

Fully running Snow Leopard with Graphics and sound!!! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back