Contribute
Register

Lenovo W530 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do either of you have sleep working? I've been trying to get mine to sleep, but haven't figured it out yet. Using sleepenabler.kext, the computer will sleep, but immediately wakes up. The kernel.log shows that its USB related, but I'm not sure what needs to be fixed. I've tried some DSDT things, but that hasn't seemed to help.

Do either of you have sleep working? I've been trying to get mine to sleep, but haven't figured it out yet. Using sleepenabler.kext, the computer will sleep, but immediately wakes up. The kernel.log shows that its USB related, but I'm not sure what needs to be fixed. I've tried some DSDT things, but that hasn't seemed to help.

No mine won't sleep.. :thumbdown:
I wish I knew how to fix that.

Just tried sleep, it froze my computer up. The sleep light was blinking rapidly and it kept up like that for a good 3 minutes so I just shut down the computer.

What does closing the lid do?

Also, have either of you experienced issues with the sound driver? Multibeast seems to say it might cause startup errors

That's would happen when I tried to sleep before adding the sleepenabler.kext. Now it just wakes instantly because of the usb controller. The lid does the same thing selecting sleep from the menu.

I haven't had any major issues with voodooHDA recently. The voodooHDA preference pane caused kernel panics on my old desktop. The first time I installed it (on 10.7.4), I got an instant kernel panic, but it was fine after rebooting. Since then I haven't had any issues. The only problem now is that I have to manually switch the output(through System Preferences) if I plug headphones in. I'll try to see if that can be fixed with a DSDT patch at some point (sleep is the first thing on my list).

Anyone here working with 1600x900 screen ?

Can we use a USB dongle for WiFi?

Also how would we change brightness?

Can we use a USB dongle for WiFi?
Ya, you just need to find one compatible with OS X. I'm using my phone and a tethering app.

Also how would we change brightness?
Right now I don't have a way. It would require a DSDT edit to fix. There are some programs you could get that try to do that (possibly by darkening all of the colors instead of dimming the backlight). I had one working before, but I'm not using it anymore.

Thank you for responding back. Greatly appreciated it.

Are you using Android, iOS or Windows Mobile? And what app?

Also do you have a dual boot option for Windows 7? I have a drive caddy so I wanted to install Windows 7 in there.

Finally my last question, how would we do a system update if there is one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back