Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad U410 Mountain Lion 90% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have another problem for this machine. Every time I boot with UseKernelCache=Yes, the sound icon goes grey, which says no sound device found. However, if I set the parameter to No, everything just goes smoothly. Anyone knows the reason?

I still have another problem for this machine. Every time I boot with UseKernelCache=Yes, the sound icon goes grey, which says no sound device found. However, if I set the parameter to No, everything just goes smoothly. Anyone knows the reason?
I get the same problem if I boot with -v flag
why do you use UseKernelCache=Yes ? I don't use any flag and it works well

yeah I got multitouch working! use appleps2controller from http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...alienware-m11x-r3-mountain-lion-10-8-2-a.html
with this you can get finger scrolling and tap to click, but now if you "phisically click" the trackpad it doesn't do anything... not a big problem, maybe someone can fix it

I fixed the sound bug!!! OK, the problem why AppleHDA does not load has something to do with Interrupt (IRQ). UseKernelCache will alter loading sequence of kexts, and some IRQ required by AppleHDA has already been taken by other kexts! So the solution is to add IRQ {0} and IRQ {8} in device (HPET) to "preserve" these interrupts. UseKernelCache=Yes can reduce booting time significantly (50%), and real Mac also use kernel cache during booting. But beaware that this flag will discard any kext in E/E folder, transfer every necessary kext to S/L/E before reboot.

Wow you got multitouch working? Does it include pinch zoom, three fingers?

I fixed the sound bug!!! OK, the problem why AppleHDA does not load has something to do with Interrupt (IRQ). UseKernelCache will alter loading sequence of kexts, and some IRQ required by AppleHDA has already been taken by other kexts! So the solution is to add IRQ {0} and IRQ {8} in device (HPET) to "preserve" these interrupts. UseKernelCache=Yes can reduce booting time significantly (50%), and real Mac also use kernel cache during booting. But beaware that this flag will discard any kext in E/E folder, transfer every necessary kext to S/L/E before reboot.

Wow you got multitouch working? Does it include pinch zoom, three fingers?
can you write a little how-to? it would be great to halve the boot time :D
unfortunately, only 2 fingers... but that's enough for me, I just wanted scrolling to work. Maybe someone can fix the problem with the phisycal button

How long does the book last on osx on battery?
Thinking about buying it, and the hackability would be good enough for me, so if the battery lasts long enough, I'm going to get one :)

3 hours and something...

hrakoto, what about the new zip?!

can you write a little how-to? it would be great to halve the boot time :D
unfortunately, only 2 fingers... but that's enough for me, I just wanted scrolling to work. Maybe someone can fix the problem with the phisycal button

I am using DSDTE for editing DSDT. There is hack code for HPET with two IRQ, just following the instruction should be fine.

hey guys thanks for the work here,

just bought myself an u410 the i7 8gb model looks very nice
now hoping to install it.

saw this post a little while back maybe some usefull things here

http://www.osx86.net/notebooks/19630-lenovo-ideapad-u310-perfect-ultrahackbook.html

will be joining you in the setup progress please keep posting, this is a to nice ultrabook with to little users i guess i.m.o the perfekt hackintosh

greetings easyflow

You are my hero, that was the final stepping stone to have my Dell XPS 17 L702X fully working with UseKernelCache=Yes. Awesome!!! Thanks again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back