Contribute
Register

Lenovo G470

Status
Not open for further replies.
LATEST UPDATE, SEE POST #1

hi archintosh i have the same laptop (lenovo g470 intel core i5) as yours and installed mac os x lion 10.7.2 (runs great after installing your kexts and dsdts by the way) and something weird happens, if i turn on the notebook only with the battery it shuts down after 2 seconds (without showing anything on the screen, only the power button glowing these 2 seconds) , it only turns on when plugged to the electricity.

after it powers on i can disconnect the power cord to leave only the battery.

i can ensure you that this happens only after i formatted a partition with mac os plus (to install lion) and didn't happen when i had only windows 7 64 bits in the hdd.

could you tell me what bios version your lenovo g4700 has, mine's is v2.09 (40CN23WW), because i only can think that this is a bios problem with this particular model and macintosh format partitions.

thanks in advance and sorry for the poor redaction (i speak spanish).

I also have that kind of problem. I don't think it's because of what we do to our laptop, but I think it's Lenovo bugs. To switch it on while on battery (power supply unplugged), I have to press power button several times. I have to press it 2-3 times repeatedly until HDD led activity lit.

thanks for the fast response :D

in my case, even if i press the power button 7-8 times it won't turn on, the strange thing is that switching back to have only 1 partition (with windows 7) this doesn't happens anymore, i can turn the device on with just one tap.

i also wanted to ask if you can turn the brightness up/down with the function key because i can't, only with the sound level.

Edit: did that repeatedly tap on the power button and it turns on! thanks for the tip, although without mac partitions i just need one tap, but anyway :p

thanks to you i can develop using xcode :D

Glad to hear it works..

Brightness is adjusted by pressing Fn+Home/PgUp (instead of Fn+Up/Down), but there's still a problem with brightness level.

Here I attached patched 10.7.2 AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for those who have difficulty in patching it.
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip

Can you detail your changes to the DSDT? What patches have you applied?

I'm trying to port your findings to a Lenovo X121e which has similar hardware.

Thanks.

Standard fixes (IRQs, HPET, EHCI, Smbus, PNLF, Fn-Keys, etc) + G470 specific Hardware (HD3000 HDMI audio connector, Conexant Cx20590 audio, Atheros AR90285, Battery fix)

New HPET (or HPET ???)

And what is etc? The other ones from the Sandy Bridge folder?

MaLd0n from IM helped me for standard fixes, HPET was done by him also. I added following code to Scope (_SB.PCI0)
Code:
If (LOr (_OSI ("Darwin"), _OSI ("Windows 2006")))
                {
                    Store (0x07D6, OSYS)
                }
and following code to AC Adapter
Code:
Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
                    {
                        0x18, 
                        0x03
                    })
renamed GFX0 to IGPU and..I forgot what else.. :)

hi archintosh, i have another issue with lenovo g470, mac doesn't recognize the dvd-rom unit and when i push the button it doesn't open the disc tray. even when i restart the computer and choose windows 7, it still keeps the disc tray locked and can't be opened neither with the button nor ejecting within "my computer".

does this also happens to you?, maybe it's another lenovo bug.

nope, it's okay here..anyway, if you want to add eject button on menu bar, navigate to:
System > Library > CoreServices > Menu Extras, double click on the file named 'Eject.menu', and eject icon will appear on menu bar.

what file? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back