Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
[Guide] Lenovo G470

Updated: July 30, 2012

It's shorter to note what doesn't work.
1. SD Card

Partially Works.
1. Sleep - closing the lid doesn't put laptop to sleep. Need to manually do it.

How I did it.
1. Purchase Mountain Lion
2. Create a USB Installer using Unibeast 1.5.1 * laptop specific
3. Installed and Rebooted without encountering problems.
4. Run Multibeast
- user DSDT
- system utilities
- fakesmc
- nullcpupower
- ps/2 kb and trackpad
- chimera
- macbook pro 8,1 system definitions
5. After Multibeast
- edited org.chameleon.Boot.plist
- removed ncpi=0x3000
- removed kernel cache
- removed legacy logo
6. Installed using KtextWizard
- AppleACPIBatteryManager & AppleSmartBatteryManager (battery support)
- AtherosL1cEthernet (for LAN support)
- AppleHDA
7. Rebooted

* sleep enabler instruction on the next post.
* credits to Lion installation of archintosh where I derived most of the files. :)

how about battery backup...i have the same specs as your. my laptop's battery drains much quicker with lion but if run the system on linux it give more backup.

did u tried patching aicpupm for speedstep?

ktext wizard is a part of multi beast. :)
and yes, qe quarts is working flawlessly. before mountain lion, i used to have snow leopard and have screen tearing occasionally. with mountain lion, this problem seem to be fixed oob.

update us on your progress..
good luck!

Hey man,

I'd definitely like to give a shout-out to both you and archintosh. I have a similar system and have gotten it to about 90% using his DSDTs and your guides. Have been using it for about two weeks [super busy with class] and am getting features one by one.

Thanks again! You've been a huge help.

For anyone that's interested (if this belongs in another thread, let me know and I'll move it):
Setup:
Lenovo G470
Intel Sandy Bridge i5 2450M @ 2.5 Ghz
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Intel HD 3000 (512 MB)
750 GB HD
Mountain Lion 10.8.0 (haven't had the courage to do the update yet - will do that later)

Setup process:
-Standard Unibeast install (Note: I had issues here with the USB drive. I tried a 8.0 GB old flash drive, and it didn't work. I borrowed a Kensington 16 GB DataTraveler from a friend and it worked great)

There are two semi-working ways to get this done. Archintosh has been kind enough to post two DSDTs: The first (Called 3 Page, because it's from his three page thread here) works well but doesn't have sound.
The second (called January 2012 from here) has sound but takes some tweaking to get VGA-out to work.
-Installed 3 Page DSDT but ended up replacing it with January 2012 AppleHDA stuff to get sound to work. This broke VGA out, but everything else seems to be okay.
-When all else fails, I make one change at a time, and see if that fixes or breaks it. It's a long process, but I'm a n00b and have no idea what I'm doing.
-Installed the SleepEnabler ktext above. Used KtextUtility; seems to be more reliable.

Doing Archintosh's January 2012 setup works, but I did HDA.ktext and replaced DSDT to get working sound. I will be adding brightness control later (in minutes) and trying to get Intel SNB working again (my notes say that this method actually worked, so I need to figure out what changed).

Again, it's easiest to list what doesn't work:

-VGA out (can't test HDMI out till later; my parents' TV is a dinosaur) [doesn't cause crash, but isn't recognized and external monitor stays blank]
-Trackpad scrolling / multitouch [I would LOVE to get Mac OS to recognize my trackpad so I can check "Ignore Accidental Trackpad Input"! My thumb touches the trackpad occasionally]
-Messages! WTF. Can't sign in.

Partially working:
-Sleep doesn't work on lid close, but great otherwise.
-battery: Battery seems to last 3 - 3.5 hours vs. 4 hours on Windows [Speedstepping?]

Working:
Monitor, native resolutions.
Sound + keyboard control, automagically switches to headphone jack (30% of time needs to try again, but usually works)
Keyboard, mouse [including right button!].
WEBCAM! Whoo!
Sleep
WiFi [occasionally craps out, but only on my parents' SUPER LAME router. School is fine. Also, works after sleep, which is something people were worried about]
Dual Boot Windows 7 via Chameleon [two partitions; 500 GB Mac and 250 GB Windoze]

Don't Know:
-HDMI
-Microphone for webcam [am downloading Skype to check]
-Speedstepping. Terminal 'yes' gives me a positive result, but I simply don't know anything about it. My feeling is that Archintosh's installation includes the P and C states, so I'm thinking that might be the case.

A BIG note: Apple's Time Machine Backup is -great-. If at any point I broke the installation, I'd backup. If I got something working and wanted to make sure it stayed that way, I made a backup. I think I only had to do two hard restores; the rest were fixed by safe mode and removing the most recent ktext modification.

So, again: CHEERS to you guys for getting my machine working! Not a bad machine for $390 all said and done.

I used unibeast and have successfully installed mountain lion 10.8. This has taken me about six months. I was finally able to get my hands on a real Mac book to make a USB installer.

During the installation I had to use the boot flags -x and GraphicsEnabler=No, or I was presented with a black screen soon after seeing a grey screen.

The problem is that when I now boot into the successfully installed OS, I get the black screen again. It continues to load the OS as I can see the hard drive still being accessed, but I don't get to see the fruit. Just a black screen.

I tried the same boot flags, also none, and also just -x. Same result.

I disabled switchable graphics in the BIOS.

When I bought the G470 they added some extra RAM (total now 8GB). I don't know if that's relevant or not.

hello someone was able install mountain lion in lenovo g470 (i5) ?
I used unibeast and have successfully installed mountain lion 10.8, but after multibeast its stuck.

anyone have the dstd?

hello someone was able install mountain lion in lenovo g470 (i5) ?
I used unibeast and have successfully installed mountain lion 10.8, but after multibeast its stuck.

anyone have the dstd?

I think my post two up does a pretty good job of explaining. I posted links to the DSDTs that I used, as well as the names of all the important kexts.

Install Archintosh's January 2012 stuff. It's excellent.
Let me know if you have any issues.

Hi i used the january 2012 stuff, i used the applehda dsdt but it stuck, i have a kernel panic.

I only use multibeast with that dsdt, and it doesn't works.

What should i do? how to install that dsdt, with multibeast? i dont know, please help me. Which multibeast options should i have to choose?

I installed a hackintosh but it happens on 2009, i never use multibeast or dsdt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back