Acer E5-575
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,

I bought a B590 a couple of weeks ago nd I am trying to get Mavericks 10.9.3 on it.
i3 3120, HM77 chipset, 8GB RAM, HD4000, 512GB SSD and 750 GB 7200 HDD.
Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Intel Centrino 6300 wifi which I will replace with an Atheros chip I have.

Screen is 1366x768 15.6" crap, but I work at home office most of the time. HDMI is connected to a 22" Full HD monitor. I have a USB Microsoft keyboard and USB mouse.
Fingerprint scanner works fine in Windows 8.1, but I assume it's useless in OSX.

So anyways, I downloaded the Mavericks 10.9.3 full installer from the Mac Store and did the usual Unibeast creation. Selected 10.9 and Laptop support which ran fine.

Now when I try to install from my USB drive, I never reach the OSX welcome screen where you choose the language. The video blacks out and HDMI doesn't work correctly. Tried without HDMI too. I tried GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes -v -f. The screen scrolls with large 80x24 text verbosing boot messages and then switches to a higher resolution text mode. Then it goes totally black and I can't see any more text. The laptop is booting because I can ping it from my smartphone. Video is just not working correctly. Can someone help?

Thanks in advance,
Rojocapo

Hi,

Bought a B590 a couple of weeks ago.
i3 3120, 8GB, HD4000, 512GB SSD and 750 GB 7200 HDD.
Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Intel Centro 6300 wifi which I will replace with an Atheros chip I have.
Screen is 1366x768 15.6" crap, but I work at home office most of the time. HDMI is connected to a 22" Full HD monitor. I have a USB Microsoft keyboard and USB mouse.
Fingerprint scanner works fine in Windows 8.1, but I assume it's useless in OSX.

So anyways, I downloaded the Mavericks installer from the Mac Store and did the usual Unibeast creating. Selected 10.9 and Laptop support which ran fine.

Now when I try to install from my USB drive, I never reach the OSX installation screen. The video blacks out and HDMI doesn't work correctly. Tried without HDMI too. I tried GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes -v -f. The screen scrolls with large 80x24 text verbosing boot messages and then switches to a higher resolution text mode. Then it goes totally black and I can't see any more text. The laptop is booting because I can ping it from my smartphone. Video is just not working correctly. Can someone help?

Thanks in advance,
Rojocapo

Use boot flags:
IGPlatformID=01660003 dart=0 -v

Use boot flags:
IGPlatformID=01660003 dart=0 -v

Thanks, those boot flags worked. Now my problem is that the installer doesn't like my MBR partitioned disks. Any way to get around that without repartitioning?

... Now my problem is that the installer doesn't like my MBR partitioned disks. Any way to get around that without repartitioning?

No. The OS X installer requires GPT partitioned disks.

No. The OS X installer requires GPT partitioned disks.

Then it's time to delete the garbage off the 750GB disk, make a backup, repartition, format and restore backup.

Then it's time to delete the garbage off the 750GB disk, make a backup, repartition, format and restore backup.

You will probably end up needing to re-install Windows, so plan for that ...

You will probably end up needing to re-install Windows, so plan for that ...

Got triple boot sort of working.

Disk 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD with Windows 8.1 Pro
Disk 2: OSX 10.9.3 and Ubuntu 14.04 x64 LTS

Fortunately I did not have to reinstall Windows.

Now I have two more problems to get basic boot working:
1) I can only boot OSX from the Unibeast pendrive. I tried installing Chimera 3.0.1 to the OSX partition but I don't get a graphical GUI with an option to select the boot partition and parameters.
2) How do I make IGPlatforms parameters stick so I don't have to type them in. What do I have to add to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

Thanks
Axel

Got triple boot sort of working.

Disk 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD with Windows 8.1 Pro
Disk 2: OSX 10.9.3 and Ubuntu 14.04 x64 LTS

Fortunately I did not have to reinstall Windows.

Now I have two more problems to get basic boot working:
1) I can only boot OSX from the Unibeast pendrive. I tried installing Chimera 3.0.1 to the OSX partition but I don't get a graphical GUI with an option to select the boot partition and parameters.

Use Multibeast first (DSDT Free). Then install Chimera v3 over top.

2) How do I make IGPlatforms parameters stick so I don't have to type them in. What do I have to add to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

It is a bootloader flag, so:
Code:
<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>01660003</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

dart is a kernel flag, so:
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags<key>
<string>dart=0</string>

Use Multibeast first (DSDT Free). Then install Chimera v3 over top.
Didn't work. GRUB is the main boot loader on disk1. On boot I am choosing Mac OS X 64 bit. When I hit enter, I don't see the Chimera icons, it goes straight to text mode trying to boot OSX which fails. Seems like it's totally skipping Chimera.

It is a bootloader flag, so:
Code:
<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>01660003</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

dart is a kernel flag, so:
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags<key>
<string>dart=0</string>

The flags are sticky now, thanks.

Didn't work. GRUB is the main boot loader on disk1. On boot I am choosing Mac OS X 64 bit. When I hit enter, I don't see the Chimera icons, it goes straight to text mode trying to boot OSX which fails. Seems like it's totally skipping Chimera.

Without knowing what you have in your /Extra folder, no ideas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back