Contribute
Register

Latitude E6330

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tnx for all the responses to this. It's quite 'doable' for now.

I'll let you know if I think of or read about something that might help...

Rehabman,
Thought you might be interested so you can file it in your trouble-shooting responses; by comparing ver # and dates, I discovered that AppleACPIPlatform.kext was ver 1.3.6 (I think that's the version MB rather than 1.6). Tried switching back and forth a few times, and sure enough, v1.3.6 caused the laptop to go into sleep / hibernate upon booting, while v1.6 behaves normally. Tnx again.

Rehabman,
Thought you might be interested so you can file it in your trouble-shooting responses; by comparing ver # and dates, I discovered that AppleACPIPlatform.kext was ver 1.3.6 (I think that's the version MB rather than 1.6). Tried switching back and forth a few times, and sure enough, v1.3.6 caused the laptop to go into sleep / hibernate upon booting, while v1.6 behaves normally. Tnx again.

One of the reasons I do not like doing rollbacks of important system kexts... It can lead to unexplained problems like this. Strive for as-vanilla-as-possible...

BTW, current (10.8.4) AppleACPIPlatform.kext is 1.7.

Rehabman,

Once again, thanks for all the previous help with the E6330 and ML. Installed 10.9 and as I was hoping, the issue with the displays not behaving has [almost] resolved. With 10.9 when I boot, most of the time both the laptop display and an external Dell display (dvi cable attached to the docking station) remain active, work as expected, including focus moving to the correct display with mouse or magic trackpad, and the dock also moves to the active display if you move the mouse to the bottom edge of the active display. Hooray.

However, sometimes on boot when the logon screen displays (obviously after all the kexts have loaded), the laptop display turns off and System Preferences shows only the external display. And, on other occasions during boot, the external display has vertical bands [snow] across the entire display. I assume another got'cha in the kexts. The laptop display is either set for 1366x768 or 'Best for display' while the Dell P2412H is either 1920x1080 or 'Best for display'.

Final problem is that most of the time if the laptop goes to sleep, the laptop display 'disappears'. That is, upon waking, the external display is fine, but the laptop display no longer shows in System Preferences. Odd, no?

These are not big issues, but thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Rehabman,

Once again, thanks for all the previous help with the E6330 and ML. Installed 10.9 and as I was hoping, the issue with the displays not behaving has [almost] resolved. With 10.9 when I boot, most of the time both the laptop display and an external Dell display (dvi cable attached to the docking station) remain active, work as expected, including focus moving to the correct display with mouse or magic trackpad, and the dock also moves to the active display if you move the mouse to the bottom edge of the active display. Hooray.

However, sometimes on boot when the logon screen displays (obviously after all the kexts have loaded), the laptop display turns off and System Preferences shows only the external display. And, on other occasions during boot, the external display has vertical bands [snow] across the entire display. I assume another got'cha in the kexts. The laptop display is either set for 1366x768 or 'Best for display' while the Dell P2412H is either 1920x1080 or 'Best for display'.

Final problem is that most of the time if the laptop goes to sleep, the laptop display 'disappears'. That is, upon waking, the external display is fine, but the laptop display no longer shows in System Preferences. Odd, no?

These are not big issues, but thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Wake problem may be _WAK bug in 10.8.5 and 10.9 AppleACPIPlatform. See: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Added the patch for _WAK and so far, all seems to be ok waking from sleep. [Addendum] Have now gone through 2 overnight sleep cycles, and the E6330 wakes from sleep with a trackpad or mouse click. Thanks again for the patch.

Added the patch for _WAK and so far, all seems to be ok waking from sleep. [Addendum] Have now gone through 2 overnight sleep cycles, and the E6330 wakes from sleep with a trackpad or mouse click. Thanks again for the patch.

hy!could you share the dsdt and files that helped you to run osx? i'm close to lose any hope to get an working osx on dell e6330...i have i5 to and bios a14.
i would be very grateful if you help me...

Attachments

• extract.zip
    343.2 KB · Views: 107
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back