Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility

Hello RehabMan,

Thanks for this summary, you covered most of my questions and I'm almost sure I can make it work on my machine, but when I boot from the Multibeast 6.0 created 10.9 install USB there is some monochrome "Forbidden Sign" over the Apple logo. The spiral keeps spining under but nothing happens.
When I plug the pendrive into a USB3 or eSATA /USB socket it switches to a blank screen after 5 sec or so and stays like this. The fan spins up and also stays like this.

I guess it has something to do with BIOS settings, but have no idea which to manipulate.
Already set SATA to AHCI mode, what else shoul I look for? Any CPU settings?

Machine is a Dell Latitude E6430

CPU: i7-3540M
GPU: HD4000
SSD: Samsung 840 120GB
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Hello RehabMan,

Thanks for this summary, you covered most of my questions and I'm almost sure I can make it work on my machine, but when I boot from the Multibeast 6.0 created 10.9 install USB there is some monochrome "Forbidden Sign" over the Apple logo. The spiral keeps spining under but nothing happens.
When I plug the pendrive into a USB3 or eSATA /USB socket it switches to a blank screen after 5 sec or so and stays like this. The fan spins up and also stays like this.

I guess it has something to do with BIOS settings, but have no idea which to manipulate.
Already set SATA to AHCI mode, what else shoul I look for? Any CPU settings?

Machine is a Dell Latitude E6430

CPU: i7-3540M
GPU: HD4000
SSD: Samsung 840 120GB
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Multibeast does not create USB installers, so I'm not sure of which stage you are at.

If you actually meant Unibeast and are attempting to boot the USB installer, these are the "go to" flags that usually work for HD4000 machines:
IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -x -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0

Sorry, that's what I meant - Unibeast! : )

I'm about to try the flag you gave me, but not sure how to type an equal mark on the bootscreen of Unibeast...sorry, hungarian localization.

Edit: Solved

Sorry, that's what I meant - Unibeast! : )

I'm about to try the flag you gave me, but not sure how to type an equal mark on the bootscreen of Unibeast...sorry, hungarian localization.

Sorry can't help you there. On US keyboard, the '=' sign is just to the left of the backspace key.

Succesfully typed in but it doesnt work for me! It stops on the first screen where is set the language. All the Welcome sentences running through the screen, but I can't move the cursor, neither with external mouse, keyboard is also unresponsive. Any idea?

Btw I tried with all the Performance settings like SpeedStep, Turbo Boost, EIST, etc turneed on/off. : /
I used this USB Mavericks for previous machines with no problem...

Succesfully typed in but it doesnt work for me! It stops on the first screen where is set the language. All the Welcome sentences running through the screen, but I can't move the cursor, neither with external mouse, keyboard is also unresponsive. Any idea?

The boot flags are working... got you to the installer.

Sounds like you have two issues:
- perhaps you did not create your Unibeast USB with "laptop support" so your PS2 keyboard/trackpad are not working
- and there is a USB problem preventing USB keyboard/mouse working (try different ports)

Btw I tried with all the Performance settings like SpeedStep, Turbo Boost, EIST, etc turneed on/off. : /
I used this USB Mavericks for previous machines with no problem...

Wow... you have a lot of options in your BIOS. Not typical for laptops.

ok guys i have a question how can i know if my laptop is compatible with ios x ????? it is intel i3 with ati hd 6470m 1gb is my video ok for the ios x can i find for it drivers ????

ok guys i have a question how can i know if my laptop is compatible with ios x ????? it is intel i3 with ati hd 6470m 1gb is my video ok for the ios x can i find for it drivers ????

You need to know complete details on your laptop. "Intel i3" is not enough information. Find out the actual CPU model. Also, most laptops with Radeon are "switched" and have both Intel HD and Radeon. If you've read post #1, you would realize that the Radeon in that case will not work and you'll use Intel HD only.

Please read post #1 carefully.

gpu spec.jpg View attachment pc spec.txt

ok that is my laptop ????? so now can any body tell me if it is compatible with ios x ????

Back