Contribute
Register

KNNSpeed's Build: DZ77RE-75K - Core i7-2600k - XFX 5670

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it working! Everything is flawless. Apparently with the HD4000, VRAM needs to be set to 64MB to work properly. Now I have no garbled video and a working Mirroring AppleTV.

Thanks for all of your help! What a great board! Mom surprised more people don't use these intel boards. They work so well.

Got it working! Everything is flawless. Apparently with the HD4000, VRAM needs to be set to 64MB to work properly. Now I have no garbled video and a working Mirroring AppleTV.

Thanks for all of your help! What a great board! Mom surprised more people don't use these intel boards. They work so well.
:clap: :D Yay!
Great news to hear it's all up and working!
It's a bit weird that you have to set the minimum memory so low, but at least it's just the minimum. But hey, whatever works, right?

I guess that people prefer Gigabyte boards because they're more well documented (and have DSDTs for stuff like HDMI Audio). In my opinion, this board works just as well, and no BIOS option (aside from setting the HD graphics as the primary adapter) really affects Windows all that much, either. Sure Thunderbolt and sleep are a bit weird, but they still can work nonetheless.

Anyways, glad I could help! Enjoy your hackintosh! :thumbup:

Just wanted to say thanks for this guide, I used it for my Intel DZ77BH-55K Motherboard!
my specs:
Intel DZ77BH-55K
Intel Core i7 2600k
8GB Corsair 1600mhz Ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 560ti
Crucial M4

since I have an Nvidia card I had to boot with "PCIRootUID=0" to get to the installer screen, after that I installed on my SSD without issue. When It reboot I selected the hard drive I installed on, then once again "PCIRootUID=0" to boot into OSX.
Once in OSX I ran MultiBeast for 10.8 and selected:
"User DSDT"
No-DSDT ALC898
Intel Ethernet
FakeSMC
Mac Pro 3,1
Core i7 2600 SSDT

after installing those I closed MultiBeast, then downloaded the .kext for AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement you posted:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...appleintelcpupowermanagement-kext-10-8-a.html

I used KextBeast to install, then I ran disk utility and repaired permissions.
Restart
Once back in OSX I ran software update and got 10.2, everything is working great! However in system profiler my SATA showed up as unknown controller, so I followed this and made the change:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...z77-correctly-system-profiler.html#post420135

everything shows up perfect now!

my geekbench however is only 11,800. I dunno if that is normal or not for my Specs???
In the Bios I enabled Deep s4\s5 sleep, AHCI, UEFI Boot

One last thing, when I used multibeast to enable 3rd party USB 3.0 the system wouldn't boot! It would freeze right at the login screen where you enter your password to enter OSX. I had to delete everything, and re-install because of that!

I don't think z77 chipsets even use 3rd party USB 3.0 on Intel boards, so you probably don't even need that driver. :think:

But I'm glad my guide worked for your board! This is great news that Intel z77 boards are totally hackintosh-able! :headbang: (As for the Geekbench scores, I don't know what they represent. I personally don't have Geekbench--I just know that everything works great!)

on my mobo the front panel uses the 3rd party USB controller (NEC) so I have no front USB panels currently.

Hm... I don't really know if I can help with that.
Maybe I can, though. What does it say when it crashes (after booting with -v)?

I tried -v, the problem is it switches to the GUI login screen where I type my password, that's where it locks up. Once the GUI pops up, I get about a second before it locks, I can usually type 1 or 2 letters for my password then it freezes.

i have the same motherboard basically. And i am trying to install 10.8 on this Pc. but I am getting a Kernel panic right away upon booting from USB installer

Heres' the specs:

Intel Core i7 3770 1155 socket
Intel DZ77RE-75 K motherboard (current BIOS)
16GB of Gskill DDR3 Ram 2x8GB DDR 3 1600mhz
EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked
2 Sandisk SSD 6.0gb 120GB RAID 0
640GB Western digital WD6400AAKS
750GB Western digital WD7502AAEX
120GB Kingston SSDNOW Sata 3.0gb
SB Recon 3D PCI-E
realtek onboard sound
dual Intel 825xxx ethernet
Thunderbolt
LG DVD RW SATA
TSST CDRW/DVDROM SATA
USB 3.0

i know u had made this guide, but is there any special BIOS settings i need to set before running the installer? also i used the latest unibeast for making my Mountain Lion install usb. I dont know what could be causing the quick KP in the installer, it is too quick to see, even with -x -v.

I tried -v, the problem is it switches to the GUI login screen where I type my password, that's where it locks up. Once the GUI pops up, I get about a second before it locks, I can usually type 1 or 2 letters for my password then it freezes.

Hmm... Do you get an errors with -v BEFORE it switches to the GUI?
Anything about DRMStatus, IntelSNBGraphicsFB, or IntelHDFramebufferCapri?

i have the same motherboard basically. And i am trying to install 10.8 on this Pc. but I am getting a Kernel panic right away upon booting from USB installer

Heres' the specs:

Intel Core i7 3770 1155 socket
Intel DZ77RE-75 K motherboard (current BIOS)
16GB of Gskill DDR3 Ram 2x8GB DDR 3 1600mhz
EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked
2 Sandisk SSD 6.0gb 120GB RAID 0
640GB Western digital WD6400AAKS
750GB Western digital WD7502AAEX
120GB Kingston SSDNOW Sata 3.0gb
SB Recon 3D PCI-E
realtek onboard sound
dual Intel 825xxx ethernet
Thunderbolt
LG DVD RW SATA
TSST CDRW/DVDROM SATA
USB 3.0

i know u had made this guide, but is there any special BIOS settings i need to set before running the installer? also i used the latest unibeast for making my Mountain Lion install usb. I dont know what could be causing the quick KP in the installer, it is too quick to see, even with -x -v.

Are you using the black usb ports? Make sure you use the blue ones for the install, as there seems to be an issue with the black ones and Apple's EHCI controller. Also, your SATA options in the BIOS should be set to AHCI, not IDE or RAID. Try using PciRootUID=0 or PciRootUID=1 as a boot flag, too, if all that fails (again, be sure to be using the blue USB ports), since you have an Nvidia card.

tried the blue USB ports in the back, still get a KP right away, even tried -x-v, still no dice. any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back