Contribute
Register

Install Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on Ivy Bridge Based PCs

Count me in in this issue also. I have the same motherboard. I posted a query under the post installation/network forum but received no replies so far. I am wondering if I will have to start researching network cards.

Count me in in this issue also. I have the same motherboard. I posted a query under the post installation/network forum but received no replies so far. I am wondering if I will have to start researching network cards.
If you find any network cards to use, please post some of them here. I think I'm going to have to do some research for a network card as well.

So the question is - do we need a PCI LAN card or is there a fix for GA-Z77-D3H GA-H77-D3H GA-Z77-DS3H LAN onboard?

I'd like to take an existing Snow Leopard HD (fully functional 10.6.8) from a previous hackintosh (Zotac GF 9300-G-E) and use it for a few legacy apps with my new GA-z77n-wifi. I'm using a fully working 10.8.2 install on a new drive that boots and functions flawlessly.

Where would I start with that process?

Thanks.

The keyboard and trackpad don't work. I attached a USB mouse, but I don't have an external keyboard. Is there anyway to enable the keyboard? Or atleast some way to skip through the part where you have to create an count?

Also, my Windows 8 can't boot up anymore, does iboot change my boot settings, or something? How do I install Windows 8 back again?

you can use the Apple usb to ethernet adapter .. Cost $29.00 at Best Buy if it Dosen't work on your board you can return it to Best Buy. Worked Great for me .. Plug in and Go !!:D

App store "unknown error" with SL 10.6.8 trying download ML

Hi There,

I bought an official SL DVD with 10.6.3, installed it with iBoot Ivy Bridge 1.1.0 on a (customer returned/refurbished/warranty) GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 board (BIOS F12) with a new Intel Core i3-3225 (3,3GHz but with HD4000), for installation I use only 1 RAM of 4GB (Kingston, only 1333MHz). I managed to use MultiBeast 3.1, DSDT.aml and ComboUpdate to 10.6.8... Ethernet usually worked. BUT I never got App Store to let me buy ML - when it comes to ID-password it stops with red letters "unknown error". Sometimes it recognized my Apple ID - but after putting ML in the shopping basket and trying to re-enter the password, "unknown error".
I can only start with the iBoot Ivy bridge CD, it never worked with booting directly from SDD.

I lost now one month with this stupid step to get throug to ML...

Any ideas?

One suggestion was, the GA-Z68... is only good for Sandy bridge processors... (on Hackintoshs- not sure how true that really is... in principal the board is made for Ivy bridge, too, since BIOS F8, now it has F12... but when I also tried to get UEFI/U1h --- I could never install it !!! Is there anything wrong with my board - of course, I think I am just too stupid for this challenge.
On the other hand: the combination board + Ivy bridge seems to work with the iBoot Ivy bridge, Internet works (sometimes it stops after one webpage, but sometimes not). In general files and folders, etc. opens very fast... much faster than my old Powerbooks...

I tried many (thousands) starts, got lost... any combination of -x -v -f -s GraphicsEnabler=No (often -x and GraphicsEnabler=No seemed to work). Meanwhile I also got a used graphics card (since I thought the HD4000 might cause a problem too much), so I have now some ATI HD5750 with 1GB DDR5 RAM - not sure if this was a good idea, I still try GraphicsEnabler=No...
I think I got totally lost...

Back