Contribute
Register

Install Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on Haswell Based PCs

View attachment 65465
For those of you looking to run Snow Leopard on Haswell CPUs, know that official kernel support and CPU support is not in the OS at all. As a matter of fact, the 2nd gen Sandy Bridge CPUs were only supported starting with 10.6.8. Users have had mixed results using the (now ancient) iBoot Legacy for a fresh install, as shown in the Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide. So we made a new boot CD just for Haswell CPUs called iBoot Haswell.

Use the default iBoot + MultiBeast guide, but simply substitute iBoot Haswell for the default iBoot. With this boot CD, I was able to achieve the following without access to a computer running OS X.

1. Install 10.6 Snow Leopard
2. Update to 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
3. Download Mountain Lion 10.8 from App Store
4. Create UniBeast USB to install Mountain Lion 10.8

All without doing any post-installation- just booting directly from iBoot Haswell. The ultimate goal being Mountain Lion. :thumbup:

iBoot for Haswell 1.0.0 is now available in tonymacx86 Downloads.

Credits:
Legacy kernel - posted by stinga11 on osx86.net- created using the Legacy kernel source originally created by naw com, qoopz and kaitek.

Leave your results here- we'll be working on this some more. :thumbup:

Updated everything and was booting fine video card and audio is all working fine. the most crucial to me is networking. i need to connects to my network to run my 10.6 server. Now the problem i have is none of the network ports work. I have a 4 port pci ethernet card use to do network binding now its not working with the new haswel asus h87+ i replace after old gigabyte board has break down. Any solution? anyone can help in my situation .

hi i will like to redo my installation because i think i made a couple bad choices while doing so. is there anyway i can get a ssd adapter and re patation my windows n osx through my mac pro and redo my installation on my hackintosh. does anyone know if that will work since i cannot get back into my osx.

hi i will like to redo my installation because i think i made a couple bad choices while doing so. is there anyway i can get a ssd adapter and re patation my windows n osx through my mac pro and redo my installation on my hackintosh. does anyone know if that will work since i cannot get back into my osx.

How about installing a partition manager like this one: http://gparted.org/livecd.php to a stick ? It's a little Linux distro you have to boot from your stick and then you can format your drives. Just follow the instructions given on this website and then choose boot from USB.

thank you i will try. once i do that i should be able to redo my osx installation?

IMG_20140727_101602.jpg
Can anyone help me, I run iboot with haswell, select the iboot from the main screen. Next screen is pictured above.
I restart many times, but still get the same screen.
What am I doing wrong?
Z97-HD3

Haswell with Z87 and OS X = perfect.

Mac OS X after Installing.png

Hello,

I have the following problem:

I have installed the original OS X 10.6.3 from Apple store with iBoot for Haswell. On the end of installing OS X will reboot. It shows "You need restart your computer". I turn off the vm and start it again. Mac OS X runs for a few seconds but immediately it shows the "You need restart ..."-message again. If I start the vm again, sometimes I can select the language and the keyboard settings but every time appear on new the message "You need restart ..." (See the screenshot).

What make I wrong??

My system: CPU: Intel Core i7-4790, Graphic card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 Ti, Virtual Box: 4.3.10, Host-OS: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, Guest-OS: Original Mac OS X 10.6.3

Hi, so I got all the way to the 10.6.8 Combo Update and then I ran MultiBeast. MultiBeast was installing when all of a sudden I got a prompt saying that I had to reboot (probably from the update). There was no way out of the prompt so I had to reboot even though MultiBeast was almost done. I have gone through this process 3 times already from the very begining. :banghead: Please help. I'm so close to being done. :(

Hi, so I got all the way to the 10.6.8 Combo Update and then I ran MultiBeast. MultiBeast was installing when all of a sudden I got a prompt saying that I had to reboot (probably from the update). There was no way out of the prompt so I had to reboot even though MultiBeast was almost done. I have gone through this process 3 times already from the very begining. :banghead: Please help. I'm so close to being done. :(

Snow Leopard will not run on your hardware, it will only run with the iBoot Haswell disc, the idea is to update to 10.6.8 so you can download OS X Yosemite from the Mac App Store. Don't run MultiBeast. It won't work. Download Yosemite and create a UniBeast Installer. Then install Yosemite.Your build and operating system will then be compatible. With Snow Leopard this no support for your hardware.

Back