Contribute
Register

Install Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on Haswell Based PCs

Confirmed and great work.

I was able to install Snow Leopard from the retail 10.6.0 install DVD using iBoot Haswell 1.0.1. Updated to 10.6.8 via the combo update enabling the App Store for downloading and upgrading to OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
Ethernet 1217v intel.

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

I want to do the same thing. Bought the Snow Leopard Retail DVD from Apple, gonna build my system tomorrow and then do exactly what you did. Now, I got a question: Do I need to run MultiBeast after 10.6 installation AND after 10.9 installation, or only after 10.9 installation? Or maybe only after 10.6 installation? ^^

I want to do the same thing. Bought the Snow Leopard Retail DVD from Apple, gonna build my system tomorrow and then do exactly what you did. Now, I got a question: Do I need to run MultiBeast after 10.6 installation AND after 10.9 installation, or only after 10.9 installation? Or maybe only after 10.6 installation? ^^

You don't want to run MultiBeast on Snow Leopard 10.6.X This is purely to obtain the Mac OS X 10.9 Install.App from the Mac App Store. Use iBoot to boot your Snow Leopard installation each time until you get Maveriicks. You will need to update to Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (use the Combp Update) and then you will have access to the Mac App Store. Download Mavericks 10.9 and create your UniBeast Installer. Then install it using the 10.9 Installation guide.

now i hve changed my hardware

i bought gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H

i update to 10.6.8 and then multi beast it's success , (but next i restart system from my hard where osx is installed a white screen with apple logo stucks there) . even system didn't run on multibeast boot.

As I mentioned you don't need to run MultiBeast on your Snow Leopard Installation drive. You will not be able to run Snow Leopard on your Haswell build as there is no support for it. iBoot Haswell was designed for you or anyone to TEMPORARILY install Snow Leopard and update to 10.6.8 to gain access to the Mac App Store for a Mavericks Install.App download to create your UniBeast installer.

i removed titan card ,
now system boot's in multibeast but still not without multibeast same error ,as apple logo screen stuck's
help me with all steps u did and bios setting's
and all what u used version of multibeast and any thing else

now please help what to doo

Now you have created a UniBeast (not MultiBeast) installer with OS X Mavericks forget that you have even installed Snow Leopard. To create Mavericks UniBeast installer use UniBeast 3.0.1 and put MultiBeast - Mavericks 6.0.1 on the USB also.

Leave out your Graphics card for the installation of Mavericks. In your BIOS load Optimized Defaults. Set Init Display First to IGFX and disable Vt-d as you are using a Non "K" version intel processor. Press F10 save and exit.

Insert your UniBeast Installer, press F12 and choose to boot from your USB installer. When the Chimera boot screen appears hit the space bar and type in -x. When you get to the installer format your hard drive as per the 10.9 Installation guide. Note that VGA is not supported in OS X.

Continue through the installation and when it restarts Press F12 and boot using your UniBeast Installer again this time using the arrows at the Chimera boot screen to highlight your Mavericks Installation drive and type in -x again

Once at the Desktop run MultiBeast 6.0.1.(Its on the USB)
How To Know What To Install With MultiBeast

Once you have installed MultiBeast. Shut down your system and install your graphics card. Boot your system still connected to the onboard graphics and enter the BIOS. Set Init Display First to PCI and disable the Internal on board graphics. Set your First Boot priority to your new Mavericks installation Drive, Make sure it is the P0 and NOT P1/UEFI. Press F10 save and exit and connect your monitor/TV to your graphics card port. Let your system boot by itself.

You don't want to run MultiBeast on Snow Leopard 10.6.X This is purely to obtain the Mac OS X 10.9 Install.App from the Mac App Store. Use iBoot to boot your Snow Leopard installation each time until you get Maveriicks. You will need to update to Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (use the Combp Update) and then you will have access to the Mac App Store. Download Mavericks 10.9 and create your UniBeast Installer. Then install it using the 10.9 Installation guide.

OK, so I installed the combo update, and then I have to reboot, right? I did that, and now it doesn't get past the white screen with the apple logo. So i thought I'd just start over and put the sl install dvd in at iboot screen, but after pressing f5 it says "Apple_HFS" instead of "Install DVD". I had that same problem when I was installing it in the first place, but then I just retried a few times and then it said "Install DVD" and worked. Now it doesn't seem to work anymore :banghead:

OK, so I installed the combo update, and then I have to reboot, right? I did that, and now it doesn't get past the white screen with the apple logo. So i thought I'd just start over and put the sl install dvd in at iboot screen, but after pressing f5 it says "Apple_HFS" instead of "Install DVD". I had that same problem when I was installing it in the first place, but then I just retried a few times and then it said "Install DVD" and worked. Now it doesn't seem to work anymore :banghead:

Once the 10.6.8 Combo update completes. Restart your system booting from iBoot Haswell. Use the arrows to highlight your installation drive, you don't need to use the Retail Install DVD at this point. This will allow you to boot the Installation on your HDD/SDD into 10.6.8 where you will have access to the Mac App Store for your Mavericks download.

Once the 10.6.8 Combo update completes. Restart your system booting from iBoot Haswell. Use the arrows to highlight your installation drive, you don't need to use the Retail Install DVD at this point. This will allow you to boot the Installation on your HDD/SDD into 10.6.8 where you will have access to the Mac App Store for your Mavericks download.

no, it gets stuck at the white screen with the apple logo when i boot from the ssd

no, it gets stuck at the white screen with the apple logo when i boot from the ssd

Are you using the iBoot Disc to boot your drive. If so what Monitor/cable are you using. Note that VGA is not supported in OS X. Also boot into your SSD with -v and see where it stops. Take a picture and upload it.

Are you using the iBoot Disc to boot your drive.

Yes. But might it be a problem that I'm using an external USB Optical Drive?

If so what Monitor/cable are you using. Note that VGA is not supported in OS X.

I'm using an HDMI cable and a Philips TV that is quite a few years old. I don't think that combination should make any problems. But maybe I should use internal graphics?

Also boot into your SSD with -v and see where it stops. Take a picture and upload it.

That's what happens when I boot into the SSD without boot flags:
DSC03159.jpg

And that's what happens when I boot into the SSD with -v , -f and GraphicsEnabler=No (I have also tried -v only, result is the same, just that with all 3 boot flags, more text runs through the screen before it finally looks like on this picture)
DSC03233.jpg

I hope that'll help you helping me :D

Yes. But might it be a problem that I'm using an external USB Optical Drive?

I'm using an HDMI cable and a Philips TV that is quite a few years old. I don't think that combination should make any problems. But maybe I should use internal graphics?

Try booting with -x (Safe Mode). Is your old Phillips TV a 720p?

that's what happens when I boot into the SSD with -v , -f and GraphicsEnabler=No (I have also tried -v only, result is the same, just that with all 3 boot flags, more text runs through the screen before it finally looks like on this picture)
View attachment 74437

I hope that'll help you helping me :D

This looks like a graphics issue to me. I was able to boot Snow Leopard with the latest iBoot without and flags at all. Using a 1080p Samsung HDTV.

Try booting with -x (Safe Mode). Is your old Phillips TV a 720p?

This looks like a graphics issue to me. I was able to boot Snow Leopard with the latest iBoot without and flags at all. Using a 1080p Samsung HDTV.

Yeah, I'm afraid it's a 720p. I do have a 1080p screen though, but I don't have Ethernet access in my room (Only Wi-Fi, and that was not working yet so I couldn't download the combo update) so I had to go down to the living room, so I used the TV. But I'll just try with my own screen this evening - or tomorrow, don't know how soon I'll have time yet.

Back