Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ivylegacyiboot.jpeg

Just updated iBoot for Ivy Bridge to 1.1.0.

Changes:
Added Atheros driver - Shailua's ALXEthernet v1.0.2

Official iBoot for Ivy Bridge guide here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...x-10-6-snow-leopard-ivy-bridge-based-pcs.html

NOTE: FOR IVY BRIDGE AND 10.6 SNOW LEOPARD ONLY

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi tony,

I've read about your update in the iBoot with the Shailua kext.. i tried to install this kext with Kext Helper but..nothing happens, still no LAN!
I know that Shailua said that this kext was only for 10.8, but i tried anyway (I have 10.6, i need this system for some programs which dont work in 10.8..) :)

now I've two questions:

1. In your update, does Shailua's kext work on 10.6?

and if not...

2. can u post a kext for the Atheros GbE in the Gigabyte Z77 motherboard that works in 10.6, is it possible?

Thanks for your work, I own u so much!
Thank you..really!!!!

BYE!!!

My system:

gigabyte z77m-d3h
i7 3770K
HD 5450

100% full working on 10.6.8 except fot the LAN(that i need..)!!!!

Hi tony,

I've read about your update in the iBoot with the Shailua kext.. i tried to install this kext with Kext Helper but..nothing happens, still no LAN!
I know that Shailua said that this kext was only for 10.8, but i tried anyway (I have 10.6, i need this system for some programs which dont work in 10.8..) :)

now I've two questions:

1. In your update, does Shailua's kext work on 10.6?

and if not...

2. can u post a kext for the Atheros GbE in the Gigabyte Z77 motherboard that works in 10.6, is it possible?

Thanks for your work, I own u so much!
Thank you..really!!!!

BYE!!!

My system:

gigabyte z77m-d3h
i7 3770K
HD 5450

100% full working on 10.6.8 except fot the LAN(that i need..)!!!!
You may have it working but Ivy Bridge systems are NOT supported in 10.6.8.

Also, there are no 10.6 drivers for the Atheros GbE used on that motherboard.

If you need to stay on 10.6 you are better off using a different motherboard and CPU.

OS X Version and Hardware Supported

10.6 - P55 and X58 systems.
10.7 - Sandy Bridge and previous generation systems.
10.8 - Ivy Bridge and previous generation systems.

I got no problem with 10.6.8 with my Z77 MB and my 3770K.

Just replaced the file "march_kernel" with the one in "iBoot Ivy Bridge" after the install.

Bootloader Chimera!

Everything works flawless. My videocard, HD 5450, it works OOB, full resolution, dual monitor, QE/CI...

Even an old PCI to firewire card works OOB flawless with my professional audio card (ProFire 2626)

Only the LAN.. im moving to USBtoLAN or a USB Wireless...

BYE!!!

Yes that kernel works, but that's because I hacked it to allow Ivy Bridge CPUs to boot and allow you to get to 10.6.8 to purchase Mountain Lion.

You will run into further issues down the road as this configuration is not supported.

MacMan, thank you for your work, its great! Really,very very very much..

U scared me a bit with your reply.."You will run into further issues down the road as this configuration is not supported. "

What do you mean? Everything seems to be stable, everything works with 10.6.8. I cannot see any bug or something like that..
.. yesterday I plugged a TP Link USB Wireless device (tp link tl-wn727n) after installing Ralink software ( http://www.mediatek.com/_en/07_downloads/01-1_windowsDetail.php?sn=5004) . Again no problems, Wi Fi works flawless..

THANK YOU!

Ale

thank you to the geniuses that put this thread up. im going to keep trying. I am putting this on my pc so i can run digital performer and logic pro. i have been frantically trying on a junky q6600 quad core (intels worst quadcore made) just so i wont mess up any bootloaders. once i try ivy boot 1.1.0 and see its legitament, i shall cease to try this. tonymac, i love you wherever you are for allowing such a thing to happen. im posting this on thanksgiving day and im thankful for people that make hackintosh possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back