Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its ALIVE!!! Just wanted to come back and say thank you to shilohh and P1LGRIM for all the help getting my system running. I have been going around in circles with this build for so long, it is so awesome to finally have it sorted.

Thank you!!!

That's good news - Congratulations :thumbup:

@shilohh,

I also can verify EVGA GTX 770 4GB working with native apple drivers in EL 10.11.6 but there are a few different versions of the EVGA and so far I know FTW, SC and Dual Bios versions work fine. Would you know if the one labelled Classified will work? They all seem to be reference cards from EVGA just not sure about Classified. I am unsure if the all would be considered reference or foundation cards. I remember now you switched over to the Titan.

I am referring to El Capitan version 10.11.6 on the X79 Asus Motherboards.

Thanks

Last edited:
@shilohh

I just used you're guide got everything up and running great except for one thing custom UUID. I have the rampage black edtion X79 board any help is appreciated. the step for a customUUID my system report shows this
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-000000000000 instead of an actual number?

Last edited:
So has anyone achieved a similar build with the ASUS Rampage V Extreme? And is the IV it atleast 80% functional as far as peripherals and software goes?

@shilohh
I just used you're guide got everything up and running great except for one thing custom UUID. I have the rampage black edtion X79 board any help is appreciated. the step for a customUUID my system report shows this
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-000000000000 instead of an actual number?
It sounds like you might still be booted from the USB installer's bootloader. That is the default number I put into the config.plists. You are meant to change the boot drive's config to a custom number but if you boot from the USB stick the change will not show as clover is using the config from the USB installer. Make sure the USB Installer is unplugged. Mount the EFI partition and verify that your custom number is correctly added. Reboot.

Do you have any plans to upgrade your build to Sierra?
I probably will but it won't be until the final release and I've had a chance to map out the install, unique needs for our hardware and test for a bit.

So has anyone achieved a similar build with the ASUS Rampage V Extreme? And is the IV it atleast 80% functional as far as peripherals and software goes?
Everything works accept the onboard USB3.0 which isn't worth the effort in my opinion. The Fresco Logic FL1100 PCI-E cards work great as a replacement for the onboard ports if you can spare a PCI-E slot for it to occupy.

It sounds like you might still be booted from the USB installer's bootloader. That is the default number I put into the config.plists. You are meant to change the boot drive's config to a custom number but if you boot from the USB stick the change will not show as clover is using the config from the USB installer. Make sure the USB Installer is unplugged. Mount the EFI partition and verify that your custom number is correctly added. Reboot.

Thanks for the reply i may just leave it since everything seems to be working. I noticed you had a Titan X also. Question i have 3 of them and they seem to run a bit warm is there anyway to conrtrol the fan speed in OSx? The top card runs at like 82C all the time.

Ca
Thanks for the reply i may just leave it since everything seems to be working. I noticed you had a Titan X also. Question i have 3 of them and they seem to run a bit warm is there anyway to conrtrol the fan speed in OSx? The top card runs at like 82C all the time.
Not that I am aware of. can you please save and post a ioreg so I can see how everything is loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back